Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

Commercial Inside Release

They'll find some way to ban the Chinese EV, or slap multiple tariffs on it. Even if it does make it into the country, then we'll just end up bailing out the US auto industry again.

Rumor has it some dealers are marking the '23 Corvette up $100k above MSRP.
That makes it cost $150,000 to 225,000.

rickyb

I stumbled on a Youtube where just a plain guy went to a dealership......looking at pickups. A whole row of perhaps 30 trucks with all the packages...wheels, lift kits etc. He asked the simple question: Who is buying these trucks? Pointing out the $100k stickers. Also "Who can afford a $2k payment?" I've asked these questions also.

I've also seen where China plans to sell a 4 dr ev with 250 range for around $16k. They will sell millions.
US will use their anti free market system to prevent china from importing such a truck, as america already does

newolddude

I stumbled on a Youtube where just a plain guy went to a dealership......looking at pickups. A whole row of perhaps 30 trucks with all the packages...wheels, lift kits etc. He asked the simple question: Who is buying these trucks? Pointing out the $100k stickers. Also "Who can afford a $2k payment?" I've asked these questions also.

I've also seen where China plans to sell a 4 dr ev with 250 range for around $16k. They will sell millions.

Good luck finding a base (or close to it) truck at a dealer. And if you do, not getting treated like :censored2:.

qdg2

Good luck finding a base (or close to it) truck at a dealer. And if you do, not getting treated like :censored2:.
My 2010 F150 has 156k miles. I've decided to repair whatever it takes to make it viable. This includes motor and /or transmission. Whatever. Im not paying $75k for any vehicle.

rickyb

My 2010 F150 has 156k miles. I've decided to repair whatever it takes to make it viable. This includes motor and /or transmission. Whatever. Im not paying $75k for any vehicle.
my pops rebuilt his engine but he didnt get it appraised, so when he totalled his truck the insurance company screwed him

newolddude

You can get a 2023 F150 STX for under $50k.

Yes you can, but good luck finding one on a lot.

Near me there are only 11 friend-150s of any type under $50k and 7 of them are at the commercial truck dealer. Only 4 at “regular” dealers. But plenty of cowboy Cadillacs at $60000, $70000, $80000 or more.

Last edited:

govols019

You smell that?
Yes you can, but good luck finding one on a lot.

Near me there are only 11 friend-150s of any type under $50k and 7 of them are at the commercial truck dealer. Only 4 at “regular” dealers. But plenty of cowboy Cadillacs at $60000, $70000, $80000 or more

Just checked my local dealer and they have 19 under $50k in stock between their 2 locations.

I don't understand how people are ok with a $1000 a month payment with those high dollar trucks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Unlike just a few years ago, there is only one new vehicle being sold for under $20,000.
It is the Mitsubishi Mirage.
And it is scheduled to end production in 2025.
The average vehicle now goes for $48,000.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you know who hasnt suffered 2x higher transportation costs?

europeans who dont need cars and use public transit

;)
But the USA is not set up except in urban locations for these types of travel.
My nearest supermarket is over 5 miles away.
The local bus only runs maybe once an hour except for early morning or evenings commuters.
There is no bus service after 7 pm.

rickyb

The local bus only runs maybe once an hour except for early morning or evenings commuters.
trust me, i have a friend who lives in san fran and he says its worse than here even though theres more people in san fran.

i remember hearing about why there isnt high speed at least on parts of the west and east coast

TheDudeAbides92

Why? Lack of range, time to recharge and cost. All of those problems have been all along. With no real solutions in sight.
The psychopaths in government don’t care. They don’t want you to own any kind of car electric or otherwise because your car along with cheap gasoline is your primary vehicle (no pun intended ) to freedom

newolddude

That's why we are screwed and this is America's future.

F4QnLHFbQAA4Xuz