Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

rickyb

The issue is which type of fire can be easily put out ; a gasoline fire uses x amount of water while an electrical fire needs 10x.
So which one is better for the health of the planet ?
public transit

if you wanna talk about putting out fires and gasoline i give you canada 2023 as an example and greece too i believe

Babagounj

Strength through joy
public transit

if you wanna talk about putting out fires and gasoline i give you canada 2023 as an example and greece too i believe
You missed the point.
In the overall point of view, which vehicle would be better for the planet ?
A gasoline powered vehicle on fire which uses less water or an electrical one which releases toxic chemicals in the the surrounding area as it continues to burn as tons of water are dumped on it ?

What powers these "public transit" vehicles you seem so fond of ?
Canadian magic dust ?

rickyb

You missed the point.
In the overall point of view, which vehicle would be better for the planet ?
A gasoline powered vehicle on fire which uses less water or an electrical one which releases toxic chemicals in the the surrounding area as it continues to burn as tons of water are dumped on it ?

What powers these "public transit" vehicles you seem so fond of ?
Canadian magic dust ?
what do you call carbon dioxide LOL a healthy chemical lol

public transit is way more efficient than electric.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

In case you haven't noticed most public transit authorities use electricity to power their transportation systems.
And these systems do have breakdowns, some which cripple them for days.
Which forces the general public to seek alternate ways to get around.

RangerMan06

1. Most Americans don't want to drive a compact vehicle, especially on family road trips.
2. Most Americans rent housing and are unwilling to pay $1500 for an at home charging system and are unwilling to wait an 1hour plus at a convenient store charger
3. 40k plus for a compact electric car will get you a nice gas SUV/crossover/truck

vantexan

I spent two months in Guadalajara, Mexico riding city buses. These were very large transit buses, often two parts with the accordion connector. They were packed like sardines. Usually had to stand in the aisles with people pressed up against me. And Guadalajara has a lot of buses but it also has 6 million people. I don't think people if they can afford a car will accept those conditions. It's not pleasant.

Public transit is inconvenient in where the buses run for many as well as when they run. A car can be gotten into right outside your home and driven directly to your destination in a much shorter time. You take public transportation because that's what you can afford, not because it's efficient. There's a place for it in large cities for the poor but in smaller towns or rural areas there isn't enough riders to make it viable. It has to be subsidized.

I know from reading what the far Left wants on this. They want to push everyone into large urban areas. No more small town living. If the day comes this is attempted you're going to see a revolt. They're just going to have to come up with a better solution because your public transit idea isn't it.

rickyb

I spent two months in Guadalajara, Mexico riding city buses. These were very large transit buses, often two parts with the accordion connector. They were packed like sardines. Usually had to stand in the aisles with people pressed up against me. And Guadalajara has a lot of buses but it also has 6 million people. I don't think people if they can afford a car will accept those conditions. It's not pleasant.

Public transit is inconvenient in where the buses run for many as well as when they run. A car can be gotten into right outside your home and driven directly to your destination in a much shorter time. You take public transportation because that's what you can afford, not because it's efficient. There's a place for it in large cities for the poor but in smaller towns or rural areas there isn't enough riders to make it viable. It has to be subsidized.

I know from reading what the far Left wants on this. They want to push everyone into large urban areas. No more small town living. If the day comes this is attempted you're going to see a revolt. They're just going to have to come up with a better solution because your public transit idea isn't it.
why are you talking about mexico public transit lol

talk about europe - the most civilized continent on the planet!

rickyb

In case you haven't noticed most public transit authorities use electricity to power their transportation systems.
And these systems do have breakdowns, some which cripple them for days.
Which forces the general public to seek alternate ways to get around.
yea i am pro electricity pro public transit.

a breakdown shouldnt mean depending on private inefficient electric cars

rickyb

1. Most Americans don't want to drive a compact vehicle, especially on family road trips.
2. Most Americans rent housing and are unwilling to pay $1500 for an at home charging system and are unwilling to wait an 1hour plus at a convenient store charger
3. 40k plus for a compact electric car will get you a nice gas SUV/crossover/truck
how often do family road trips happen? you have no work life balance

you know whats cheaper than gas or electric car and you already dont have to drive? public transit

im not saying public transit in america is good - it likely sucks! but it could be better than both

RangerMan06

how often do family road trips happen? you have no work life balance

you know whats cheaper than gas or electric car and you already dont have to drive? public transit

im not saying public transit in america is good - it likely sucks! but it could be better than both
Most Americans don't want to drive a compact car or use public transit.
I'm just saying the cost of an electric vehicle is more or equal at best with less style(different opinions) and comfort.

If an electric vehicle saved ALOT of money Most Americans would consider it, but as of now it doesn't

rickyb

Most Americans don't want to drive a compact car or use public transit.
I'm just saying the cost of an electric vehicle is more or equal at best with less style(different opinions) and comfort.

If an electric vehicle saved ALOT of money Most Americans would consider it, but as of now it doesn't
yea well your public transit sucks

it could be luxurious and safe and no fees and time spent using it could be time on a computer instead of driving your car lol

RangerMan06

it could be luxurious and safe and no fees and time spent using it could be time on a computer instead of driving your car lol
Agreed and in most cities the only public transit available is Uber.
My commute to work is 30 minutes and I'd consider public transit IF it was an option. Sadly that's just not the case for most of us

rickyb

Agreed and in most cities the only public transit available is Uber.
My commute to work is 30 minutes and I'd consider public transit IF it was an option. Sadly that's just not the case for most of us
yea i would do it too but its not very good or comfy.

my cars seats are rated average by consumer reports. the seats on the train would be terrible, seats on the big bus would be terrible and seats on the small bus would be average or above average

vantexan

why are you talking about mexico public transit lol

talk about europe - the most civilized continent on the planet!
You have no idea what you're talking about. If climate change is real then it affects every corner of the planet. Those people in Guadalajara need a way to get to and from work just as much as people in Paris do. And public transit is much more prevalent in Mexico than in any major country in Europe where a lot more people drive cars.

You still haven't explained how you're providing public transit on a large scale to small towns and rural areas. In such places private cars are much more efficient. Not even close.

vantexan

You seem to think cities are going to pay for "luxurious" seating when the primary consideration would be durability with people sitting on those seats all day.

RangerMan06

yea i would do it too but its not very good or comfy.

my cars seats are rated average by consumer reports. the seats on the train would be terrible, seats on the big bus would be terrible and seats on the small bus would be average or above average
And it would likely take much longer to get where you are wanting to go

rickyb

You have no idea what you're talking about. If climate change is real then it affects every corner of the planet. Those people in Guadalajara need a way to get to and from work just as much as people in Paris do. And public transit is much more prevalent in Mexico than in any major country in Europe where a lot more people drive cars.

You still haven't explained how you're providing public transit on a large scale to small towns and rural areas. In such places private cars are much more efficient. Not even close.
as i stated above, public transit could be luxurious and no fees and offer people time to use their phone or computer and safe.

i dont know why you are talking about mexico for lol - im not suprised their transit system sucks, their workers are underpaid too!