Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

I want a hybrid
I picked up a 24 Maverick hybrid a couple weeks ago. Love it and getting 55mpg in mostly city driving. I am not kidding as I checked it the old fashioned way knowing the dashboard numbers can be off. Ford needs to spread the word as the stated mpg is something like 43 city/37 hwy. Sold my 2019 Tacoma through Carvana for 1400 less than I paid in 2020. The Mav was 30,7 out the door and my Tacoma went for 30,6. I am a happy camper. The Tacoma, btw, was getting 17mpg in the city.

rod

Retired 23 years
1727378794477.png

Over70irregs

I picked up a 24 Maverick hybrid a couple weeks ago. Love it and getting 55mpg in mostly city driving. I am not kidding as I checked it the old fashioned way knowing the dashboard numbers can be off. Ford needs to spread the word as the stated mpg is something like 43 city/37 hwy. Sold my 2019 Tacoma through Carvana for 1400 less than I paid in 2020. The Mav was 30,7 out the door and my Tacoma went for 30,6. I am a happy camper. The Tacoma, btw, was getting 17mpg in the city.
Is that a truck?

Thebrownblob

"Only 1%
"Only 3%"
"Only 5%"
"Only 10%"
"Onlu 25%"
"Only 50%"

Sorry, I'm filling in your thread titles for the next few years.

All the objections just betray ignorance. The range on many electrics is identical to gas already. They're more convenient to charge than to fill up with gas, and cost-parity is imminent.
Man, this did not age well

JL 0513

Headlines suggest EV sales are going down.

Just to point out facts, not because I support or don't support EVs, but EV sales are up significantly this year. Just as they were last year. The rate of increase has just slowed from the peek experienced from the fast wave of early adopters buying up all the new releases introduced during a short period of time.

After the early adopter phase, it is much more challenging to change the habits of mainstream buyers.

The predictions made by government and automakers were way to optimistic in the speed of growth. The US is a different animal when it comes to this switch vs a small country like Norway.