Package handler struggle

For anyone who look for specific numbers, scan boxes, then load them in a certain area of the trucks, did anyone ever had to load 3 trucks at one time on the fourth day of work? One truck can be a pain in the ass but 3? Why won't fedex just hire more people?

dex 84

I load 3 trucks during the am sort at Express. At the end of a moving belt. it can be a lot if you try to physically take each package iino the truck. That's why the best thing to do is throw packages onto the shelves. Landing them in correct stop order from the floor is an acquired skill...

bacha29

For anyone who look for specific numbers, scan boxes, then load them in a certain area of the trucks, did anyone ever had to load 3 trucks at one time on the fourth day of work? One truck can be a pain in the ass but 3? Why won't fedex just hire more people?
I don't know if you are at Ground or Express but at Ground it has become much harder to get somebody to come in in the morning for a couple maybe 3 hours. Therefore if they are short which they always seem to be those who are there end up having to try to load several trucks at a time. What honked off a lot of people at my station was being ordered to report at 5:30 AM but not allowed to punch in if the loads were late . Sometimes having to sit there for 2 hours or more not getting paid until it arrived then punch in. You don't keep people around for long when you treat them like that yet despite being shorthanded nearly all the time they still had that " there'll always be someone else" attitude. Someday that attitude will catch up with them and to that I say......"good for you".

dex 84

I don't know if you are at Ground or Express but at Ground it has become much harder to get somebody to come in in the morning for a couple maybe 3 hours. Therefore if they are short which they always seem to be those who are there end up having to try to load several trucks at a time. What honked off a lot of people at my station was being ordered to report at 5:30 AM but not allowed to punch in if the loads were late . Sometimes having to sit there for 2 hours or more not getting paid until it arrived then punch in. You don't keep people around for long when you treat them like that yet despite being shorthanded nearly all the time they still had that " there'll always be someone else" attitude. Someday that attitude will catch up with them and to that I say......"good for you".

That's not a legal practice. If you're required to be there at 5:30 you should be punching in at 5:30. They can't make you wait on your own time.

dezguy

I load 3 trucks on the morning sort at my station. Just work at a reasonable pace. If the belt is turned up too high, just start letting packages go by or pull the cord and stop the belt. Management gets the message after the belt stops a couple times.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That is definitely not legal, whether Express or Ground.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's catching up to them now. PM manager told me they had 5 handlers call out Monday night. Lol. He said they can't get them to come to work. Umm, maybe because they weren't included in the most recent raise????

Purplepackage

It's catching up to them now. PM manager told me they had 5 handlers call out Monday night. Lol. He said they can't get them to come to work. Umm, maybe because they weren't included in the most recent raise????

Yeah or maybe it's that they want them to work 3 hours a day lol that's some good money right there

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_1789.GIF

bacha29

That's not a legal practice. If you're required to be there at 5:30 you should be punching in at 5:30. They can't make you wait on your own time.
Remember this is Fedex Ground and their are hired through a staffing agency. They could try but how many package handlers are willing to take on FXG in a labor battle.? The best retribution is the enormous turn over.

dex 84

Remember this is Fedex Ground and their are hired through a staffing agency. They could try but how many package handlers are willing to take on FXG in a labor battle.? The best retribution is the enormous turn over.

Couldn't you just walk in at 530 and punch in and see what happens?

On my first day(Ground)I was asked to do 2 trucks and the split(splitting the packages from even and odd # trucks) while loading and training at the same time. Didn't care if the truck had certain street stops, just loaded it by vision sticker(little white sticker 7 numbers usually started with belt number,then truck number and then 4 digit placement). After about 2 weeks of that. I was loading 4 trucks and doing the split. Each truck was totaling about 140-200 packages daily.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Wtf...I just got a grievance check because we've been starting at 8:50 three days a week instead of 8:30...I thought as long as they gave us 24 hour notice we could start whenever...but anyway yea if you're told to show up at a certain time you are paid from that exact minute on

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wtf...I just got a grievance check because we've been starting at 8:50 three days a week instead of 8:30...I thought as long as they gave us 24 hour notice we could start whenever...but anyway yea if you're told to show up at a certain time you are paid from that exact minute on

This is not true. If you are told to report at 8:30 and don't show up until 8:40 you are paid from 8:40. If you show up at 8:20 you are paid from 8:30.