Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

rickyb

Did I ever say the Palestinian people didn’t fairly elect them? What does that tell you about the majority of the Palestinian people and yourself?
no i said that lol

tells you palestinians might be undergoing something bad (like idunno occupation) if they are voting in extremists

newolddude

America 2023

The creator and producer of The Quiz Channel on YouTube, which includes Hitler’s image as part of a quiz, said the school didn’t ask for permission to use his content or pay him for it and defended his decision to include the question on his platform.

“It’s an absolutely normal trivia question, shown in an inappropriate setting,” Floris van Pallandt wrote on his YouTube page.

Box Ox

Editors’ Note: Gaza Hospital Coverage - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

October 23, 2023

"On Oct. 17, The New York Times published news of an explosion at a hospital in Gaza City, leading its coverage with claims by Hamas government officials that an Israeli airstrike was the cause and that hundreds of people were dead or injured. The report included a large headline at the top of The Times’s website.

Israel subsequently denied being at fault and blamed an errant rocket launch by the Palestinian faction group Islamic Jihad, which has in turn denied responsibility. American and other international officials have said their evidence indicates that the rocket came from Palestinian fighter positions.

The Times’s initial accounts attributed the claim of Israeli responsibility to Palestinian officials, and noted that the Israeli military said it was investigating the blast. However, the early versions of the coverage — and the prominence it received in a headline, news alert and social media channels — relied too heavily on claims by Hamas, and did not make clear that those claims could not immediately be verified. The report left readers with an incorrect impression about what was known and how credible the account was."

vantexan

From that report it appears to be a monumental failure. I wonder why when Kerry and company composed the report that they failed to mention Bill Clinton's failure to take out bin Laden during his presidency. He made one half hearted attempt. Could have prevented 9/11. Politics is why. Go after the Republican leadership with gusto while sweeping Democratic failures under the rug. Both parties have a lot to answer for.

rickyb

Editors’ Note: Gaza Hospital Coverage - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

October 23, 2023

"On Oct. 17, The New York Times published news of an explosion at a hospital in Gaza City, leading its coverage with claims by Hamas government officials that an Israeli airstrike was the cause and that hundreds of people were dead or injured. The report included a large headline at the top of The Times’s website.

Israel subsequently denied being at fault and blamed an errant rocket launch by the Palestinian faction group Islamic Jihad, which has in turn denied responsibility. American and other international officials have said their evidence indicates that the rocket came from Palestinian fighter positions.

The Times’s initial accounts attributed the claim of Israeli responsibility to Palestinian officials, and noted that the Israeli military said it was investigating the blast. However, the early versions of the coverage — and the prominence it received in a headline, news alert and social media channels — relied too heavily on claims by Hamas, and did not make clear that those claims could not immediately be verified. The report left readers with an incorrect impression about what was known and how credible the account was."
it was from israel based on a number of clues

israel has bombed hospitals before, this is nothing new.

rickyb

That was the entire point.
Now they're gaslighting and pretending it was unintentional and it's the readers' fault for believing them.

SMH
Nytimes is such a joke
yea ny times fired chris hedges for speaking out against the iraq invasion

1698094595163.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
it was from israel based on a number of clues

israel has bombed hospitals before, this is nothing new.
IMO the conflict is responsible for this hospital to be bombed. I know it is a radical simplification but it takes at least 2 sides to perpetuate a conflict. The perpetration and the continuation of this conflict is the responsibility of both sides therefore IMO the blood is on the hands of both sides.

The initial attack was IMO wrong, I believe it was a heinous crime and should be treated as such.

Continuing to “strategically” bomb Gaza when it is known that civilians are being killed and maimed is IMO wrong. IMO destroying a society is not a reasonable and acceptable method for bringing the those within the society responsible for these crimes to justice.

My desire is for a ceasefire and attempts at a diplomatic resolution to be immediately commenced.

rickyb

IMO the conflict is responsible for this hospital to be bombed. I know it is a radical simplification but it takes at least 2 sides to perpetuate a conflict. The perpetration and the continuation of this conflict is the responsibility of both sides therefore IMO the blood is on the hands of both sides.

The initial attack was IMO wrong, I believe it was a heinous crime and should be treated as such.

Continuing to “strategically” bomb Gaza when it is known that civilians are being killed and maimed is IMO wrong. IMO destroying a society is not a reasonable and acceptable method for bringing the those within the society responsible for these crimes to justice.

My desire is for a ceasefire and attempts at a diplomatic resolution to be immediately commenced.
i completely agree with everything in bold

norman finkelstein had the best selling book on the middle east on amazon last i checked

newolddude

From that report it appears to be a monumental failure. I wonder why when Kerry and company composed the report that they failed to mention Bill Clinton's failure to take out bin Laden during his presidency. He made one half hearted attempt. Could have prevented 9/11. Politics is why. Go after the Republican leadership with gusto while sweeping Democratic failures under the rug. Both parties have a lot to answer for.
You know who did take out bin Laden? A Democrat.

1200px-Obama_and_Biden_await_updates_on_bin_Laden.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Let's say you live in SC in a town bordering the state line of NC.
A NC town right across the state line has their own Army, it crosses the state line to your town and kills 1200 people in your town. They butcher your neighbors, tie you up while they rape your wife and then kill her. After they leave you for dead , you stagger out of your house and see people that were your neighbors burned to death and others screaming as you see it happening in real time, beheadings, and you hear screams of agony and gunshots and explosions. The whole city is under fire and burning.

Would a ceasefire be on your mind? You ready to sit down across a table and be diplomatic?

Last edited:

rickyb

A NC town right across the state line has their own Army, it crosses the state line to your town and kills 1200 people in your town. They butcher your neighbors, tie you up while they rape your wife and then kill her. After they leave you for dead , you stagger out of your house and see people that were your neighbors burned to death and others screaming as you see it happening in real time, beheadings, and you hear screams of agony and gunshots and explosions. The whole city is under fire and burning.

Would a ceasefire be on your mind? You ready to sit down across a table and be diplomatic?
Yea but in your example nc is not running an open air prison for everyone in sc

You completely missed the point

Integrity

Binge Poster

Why would a cease fire be needed during a police investigation?

As horrific as this would be, I would think the crimes would have to be investigated, evidence collected and proper law enforcement procedures followed to protect society from this criminal threat.

Wouldn’t think strategically bombing NC would be a viable option.

Wouldn’t think diplomacy would be needed perhaps a hostage negotiator if any hostages were taken.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Why would a cease fire be needed during a police investigation?

As horrific as this would be, I would think the crimes would have to be investigated, evidence collected and proper law enforcement procedures followed to protect society from this criminal threat.

Wouldn’t think strategically bombing NC would be a viable option.

Wouldn’t think diplomacy would be needed perhaps a hostage negotiator if any hostages were taken.
Are you that dense?
There is no police investigation. There is no "proper"law enforcement.

You can't see this was an attempt to make what happened personal so you could understand why your

desire is for a ceasefire and attempts at a diplomatic resolution to be immediately commenced.
is ridiculous?