Palestinian-Israel Conflict (War?)

vantexan

We gave all parties ample warning. It’s not Biden’s fault they didn’t take him seriously. We needed to exit the country, we promised to, and then then we did.
It's not Biden's fault? They shutdown Bagram Air Base. That allowed the Taliban to take over the country. The Army up and left in the middle of the night, stranding thousands of American contractors and over 100,000 Afghan allies we had promised to protect when we finally left. Such was the political fallout that Biden had the military return to pick up the left behind Americans. The Taliban offered to let the U.S. control Kabul until the withdrawal was complete. Biden, or whoever was running the show, told them we just needed the airport. That made the remaining Americans have to dodge Taliban checkpoints and fight through crowds of desperate Afghans to get to the planes. Over a thousand Americans couldn't get through. And only controlling the airport allowed a terrorist to get close enough to detonate an explosive killing what was it, 13 American troops and dozens of Afghanis? And they left behind most of our allies who we promised to protect. Many of them have been executed since. It was an absolutely disgraceful retreat and one voters should keep in mind come November. Also over a thousand Americans were still left behind and were gotten out by private Americans who at their own expense and risk got them out.

Last edited:

Next Day Err

They shutdown Bagram Air Base. That allowed the Taliban to take over the country.
What part of "end American involvement" do you not understand?

The Army up and left in the middle of the night, stranding thousands of American contractors
Stop right there. What? Really? Show me your sources. All I can find is something from the Post that mentions this in a story: "One person familiar with the matter said they included about 2,000 U.S. Embassy contractors and immediate family members, some of whom who had worked at the embassy for more than a decade. The State Department declined to comment on that number." I think that's questionable at best.

vantexan

What part of "end American involvement" do you not understand?

Stop right there. What? Really? Show me your sources. All I can find is something from the Post that mentions this in a story: "One person familiar with the matter said they included about 2,000 U.S. Embassy contractors and immediate family members, some of whom who had worked at the embassy for more than a decade. The State Department declined to comment on that number." I think that's questionable at best.
All of that was widely reported at the time.

vantexan

And yet I can't find anything more than what the Washington Post has reported. Can you?

Or are you amplifying bullcrap? Be honest.
I just Googled Afghanistan withdrawal and that brought up all kinds of posts including one from CNN reporting the State Department's report on the "disastrous withdrawal." Either you're not good at simple research or you're being dishonest.

Next Day Err

I just Googled Afghanistan withdrawal and that brought up all kinds of posts including one from CNN reporting the State Department's report on the "disastrous withdrawal." Either you're not good at simple research or you're being dishonest.
That's not what I'm digging for. I'm asking you to provide me with details on the supposed "thousands" of military contractors we stranded. All I can find is a single unnamed source with no State Department details.

I'll wait, buddy.

vantexan

That's not what I'm digging for. I'm asking you to provide me with details on the supposed "thousands" of military contractors we stranded. All I can find is a single unnamed source with no State Department details.

I'll wait, buddy.
So you admit that Biden's withdrawal was a disaster? Thank you.

Thebrownblob

Nothing on that page about ‘thousands of contractors left behind’
“But an unknown number of Americans are still trapped, including some who are being detained by the Taliban. Thousands of Afghan allies eligible for resettlement in the U.S. are also still awaiting relocation.”

Your ability to ignore is amazing. It says we actually don’t know the number isn’t that too many anyway? Of course not to you.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1706537897287.png

Next Day Err

The numbers reflect what the State Department claimed even though Tony Blinkin originally claimed 150 had been left. A 2022 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report estimated 9 thousand Americans were left behind.
Everyone was given warning that we were to be out of country by a certain date. Some people undoubtedly ignored those warnings. FAFO

vantexan

Everyone was given warning that we were to be out of country by a certain date. Some people undoubtedly ignored those warnings. FAFO
The country quickly collapsed because of stopping air support to the Afghan Army. And then the military left without warning. Don't try to put this on all the Americans still there as if thousands of them made the same wrong decision. Everybody except diehard Democrats all came to the same conclusion, Biden and his advisors made serious mistakes that got a lot of people killed. And we haven't even touched on the 85 billion in military hardware he left behind making the Taliban one of the best armed militaries in the world.