Paying for packages

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It’s called they don’t get the packages till the next day. NR1.

Proceed with caution in doing this. We all know that different rules apply at every building at the company, in these parts NR1 is strictly a disposition for call tags.

We were always taught to collect on the package with the COD amount on the service label. The shipper is skirting the additional handling charges applied by UPS when they do not apply COD charges to each individual package.

oldngray

nowhere special
Proceed with caution in doing this. We all know that different rules apply at every building at the company, in these parts NR1 is strictly a disposition for call tags.

We were always taught to collect on the package with the COD amount on the service label. The shipper is skirting the additional handling charges applied by UPS when they do not apply COD charges to each individual package.
If the shipper wants to cheap out and only put the COD tag on one package that is all on them. Leave all the paid packages and bring back the one with COD the next day. If the customer decides he doesn't want to pay that isn't your problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Doesn't matter. Driver didn't follow procedure. Some folks on here miss that part.
I didn't miss that. It just seems to me we are letting people getting away with this stuff. It's like all the credit card fraud now, part of the problem is the credit card companies not going after these people.

quad decade guy

If the shipper wants to cheap out and only put the COD tag on one package that is all on them. Leave all the paid packages and bring back the one with COD the next day. If the customer decides he doesn't want to pay that isn't your problem.
So, if the pkg says 1 of 5 etc.. you just ignore that? Interpreting the shippers intent is fraught with peril. I'd at least make a phone call and let mgt. decide. Always do that in dicey(expensive) scenarios.

oldngray

nowhere special
So, if the pkg says 1 of 5 etc.. you just ignore that? Interpreting the shippers intent is fraught with peril. I'd at least make a phone call and let mgt. decide. Always do that in dicey(expensive) scenarios.
It doesn't matter if the pkg say 1 of anything. As far as UPS is concerned every package is 1 of 1 and treated independently.

Yes, we just ignore that, as instructed by top-of-the-line leaders put in charge of developing our package drivers at integrad. Go to sleep, your B driver is going to need a nap soon.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Those main street type routes with hair salons, record shops, and clothing stores would have you walking around with $1000's in cash some days.

Nope
Get a money order or cashiers check I’ll either see you tomorrow or you can catch me down the street

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I didn't miss that. It just seems to me we are letting people getting away with this stuff. It's like all the credit card fraud now, part of the problem is the credit card companies not going after these people.

Lawyers cost $$$$
Until it effects the bottom line nobody cares