Photo of the day

texan

Titch the border Collie keeps a close eye on Swaledale ewes being fed
on a snowy Christmas morning in the Howgill Fells near Sedbergh, Cumbria
Picture: Wayne HUTCHINSON / Alamy
POTD_sheep_snow_2775248k1_zps73fd587b.jpg

texan

Last daily post. I will visit once in a while.
Bless All of you.

A flash of lightning illuminates the steep sides of the
Grand Canyon in Arizona
Picture: TRAVIS ROE / U.S. DEPT OF THE INTERIOR

texan

I saw this, and wanted to share.

The far north states are catching much grief with this cold.

Lee Tuttle, 66, takes a break from blowing snow off of his driveway to
pose for a portrait at his home on Miller Road in Flint, Michigan.

He said he hadn't really noticed the icicles forming in his
beardPicture: MICHELLE TESSIER/AP

oldngray

nowhere special
slide_331802_3289761_free.jpg

A light dusting of snow from an overnight storm covers the statutes at the Korean War Memorial in Washington early Friday morning Jan. 3, 2014.

Wow---that looks like a bad one. That's right by Indiana Dunes Park. We are suppose to camp there this summer if we can get a spot.

From the sounds of it, each of the three killed were in cars that got sandwiched by trucks. Can't over emphasize that "space" includes what's behind you too.

rod

Retired 23 years
From the sounds of it, each of the three killed were in cars that got sandwiched by trucks. Can't over emphasize that "space" includes what's behind you too.

The last time I drove out east to NJ/NY on I-80/I-90 you were lucky if you could maintain 30 feet of space with all the semis and cars. What a zoo. Its a miracle there isn't more of these super pile ups.

Rainman

Its all good.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1390882014.171673.jpg

The mirror arm on my package car was broken and the mirror was swinging around. Under the duct tape is bailing wire. No kidding. It worked great all day. The PM mechanics switched out for a new mirror arm that night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainman

Its all good.
Weird picture of the day but cool.

If they can use duct tape on Apollo 13, using it on a package car seems right.

I remember watching a show with the most important tools of all time and Duct Tape was on there.
The best part was the bailing wire under the duct tape...no kidding. The AM mechanic fixed it before I left the building one day so the PM mechanic could swap out a mirror that night.