Please don't follow FedEx method

PPH_over_9000

You can film anywhere in public or publicly accessible areas. You have no expectation of privacy in those area’s, none.
but where you DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you have a leg to stand on in a civil suit. This can include cordoned sections in public areas, effectively making things like VIP sections of a public club an area where a patron has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Also, windows of residential homes tend to be visibly accessible from the public roadways, yet it's still illegal to record inside those windows from the street. I think your wording needs a little work before you tout it as your belief.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
but where you DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy, you have a leg to stand on in a civil suit. This can include cordoned sections in public areas.
Only if it’s a restricted area. And clearly posted. Still, if I can see it, I can film it. Put up a screen if you want privacy, it’s on you not me.

HarryWarden

You can't film where a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy. There are legal precedents that help define that expectation, but at the end of the day it's all up to how good of a lawyer you have.
… and in public you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. You guys are making this way more complicated then it needs to be. When me and @UnionStrong are agreeing on something, chances are we’re right

PPH_over_9000

… and in public you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. You guys are making this way more complicated then it needs to be. When me and @UnionStrong are agreeing on something, chances are we’re right

The average citizen absolutely has the reasonable expectation of privacy as they go about their daily lives. The right not to be harassed, harangued or recorded as they go about their business.

You're confusing the average citizen with celebrities and public figures.

HarryWarden

The average citizen absolutely has the reasonable expectation of privacy as they go about their daily lives. The right not to be harassed, harangued or recorded as they go about their business.

You're confusing the average citizen with celebrities and public figures.

IS IT ILLEGAL TO RECORD SOMEONE WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT WHILE IN PUBLIC?​

The simple answer to this question is: no. When you are in a public setting such as a concert, grocery store, a park, and many others, recordings are permitted. The primary motivator for recording in these types of atmospheres is to ensure safety and enhanced security. Once you leave your private property, you should not be expecting full privacy. Thus, recording in appropriate settings when in public is permitted.”