Prayers for Birmingham facility

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They did it when the post office went through the going postal years......It was called TLA...TALK, LISTEN, ACT.....it lasted just long enough for the company to say...WE CARE
TLAs have been around over 60 years, well before "postal" became popular.
TLAs are still around and a required element for all management to have one with their reports annually.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
This company has changed from the model that Jim Casey envisioned. Instead of all working to provide the best service to our customers, the company has created division. Now both sides are building walls and fortifying their positions. I do not see this changing in the near future.

rod

Retired 22 years
TLAs have been around over 60 years, well before "postal" became popular.
TLAs are still around and a required element for all management to have one with their reports annually.

I remember the TLA's being something that neither side wanted to do but was obligated to. I don't recall much "action" being taken if you complained about you work load or other normal UPS diver problem. All it meant to us was a free breakfast that interrupted your normal morning break routine. I remember them getting all pissy if you didn't count it as break which you shouldn't because its their idea and talking about work is not being "on break".

You do realize this has happened many times at UPS before?
It happened in my building over 25 years ago.
Back in the "good old days" when everyone was buddies and we sang Cumbayah each morning.
Really? I was told by a labor manager that's been here 37 years that it's never happened in the history of ups before.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Really? I was told by a labor manager that's been 37 years that it's never happened before.
I'm sure it is not the first time he has been wrong.
Around 1998 in the Pdale building.
Shot another and then set his car on fire with himself inside.

Last year in Dallas, TX.

Richmond Hub in 2011.

I have heard of other over the years and every time, some new rule came down the tube.

Before the Internet, UPS (and other companies) could contain bad news a lot better.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is not the first time he has been wrong.
Around 1998 in the Pdale building.
Shot another and then set his car on fire with himself inside.

Last year in Dallas, TX.

Richmond Hub in 2011.

I have heard of other over the years and every time, some new rule came down the tube.

Before the Internet, UPS (and other companies) could contain bad news a lot better.
Thanks

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Somebody there commented about the guy and his work habits. Sounded like he was not exactly employee of the month material given his alleged history at UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw a remark in one of the posts that the MODs were a bit sensitive today.
Can't say that about Brown Cafe.

Sensitive? Need a new cushion?
KabootiFeatures.png

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
This company has changed from the model that Jim Casey envisioned. Instead of all working to provide the best service to our customers, the company has created division. Now both sides are building walls and fortifying their positions. I do not see this changing in the near future.
Trench warfare all over again.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I am hesitant to give much credit to that one post.
Agreed, but there seemed to be a hint of some authenticity given the specifics on one certain person in question if they were not mistaken entirely. I've known of more than a few dirty drivers in my area whose luck ran out.