Predicted Peak Volume

ManInBrown

You may make more money buddy, not because of your worth, simply because who you work for.
A guy that comes here and boasts, as you did, I equate to a kept man feeding off of old, smelly, wrinkled and dry tuna if you get my drift.

You are nothing special, you don't hit sliders in the seats, you don't deliver a baby, you don't get a judgement in court that makes your client whole,
you drive a tractor, pulling a trailer, much like some here that may make you look like a banjo hitter, or the tuna boat deck hand you are.

Take your boasting elsewhere, life has a way of evening the score with blowhards like you, make your cash and be thankful, don't rub your good fortune in good peoples faces.

You got that?
I couldn’t care less what the reasoning is for my pay. It’s laughable that some Ground clown calls UPs a dead end job while ground owners pay their drivers poverty wages. Could not care less.

It will be fine

I couldn’t care less what the reasoning is for my pay. It’s laughable that some Ground clown calls UPs a dead end job while ground owners pay their drivers poverty wages. Could not care less.
Please explain your future career prospects from your truck driver job. What is the advancement path?

It will be fine

Who cares? Why must one progress to some upstairs office? Difference is one can support a family, a lifestyle, a future with UPS. FedEx Ground allows one to scrape by in wage slave hell.
The debate is what defines a dead end job. I say it’s a job that has no chance for advancement, compensation doesn’t matter. Strippers can make good money, it’s still a dead end job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The debate is what defines a dead end job. I say it’s a job that has no chance for advancement, compensation doesn’t matter. Strippers can make good money, it’s still a dead end job.

FedEx Express has plenty of opportunities for advancement but few people pursue them. I'd call a courier position "dead end" in the sense most couriers don't want the opportunity to advance. Wouldn't hold it against someone who likes the job and isn't interested in advancement but dang, that's limiting your options and your income.

It will be fine

FedEx Express has plenty of opportunities for advancement but few people pursue them. I'd call a courier position "dead end" in the sense most couriers don't want the opportunity to advance. Wouldn't hold it against someone who likes the job and isn't interested in advancement but dang, that's limiting your options and your income.
From my understanding the union makes it more complicated to switch back and forth to management at UPS. I may be wrong or maybe teamsters just love driving. I enjoyed it when I was younger but it was pretty obvious I wouldn’t be able to do it long term as a career.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From my understanding the union makes it more complicated to switch back and forth to management at UPS. I may be wrong or maybe teamsters just love driving. I enjoyed it when I was younger but it was pretty obvious I wouldn’t be able to do it long term as a career.

Once you go to the Dark Side it is nearly impossible to come back.

Whither

Scofflaw
Who cares? Why must one progress to some upstairs office? Difference is one can support a family, a lifestyle, a future with UPS. FedEx Ground allows one to scrape by in wage slave hell.

We should send @It will be fine a trophy. He's really made it haha. Given the respect he has for us mere truck drivers, I'd say the guy is UPS corporate material or even Teamsters brass.

bacha29

Stripper huh? Then again when it comes to dancing no one dances better to the Fat Freddy Two Step Tango that a Ground contractor Stay in perfect step and pace or it's "hasta lavista , baby".

When the fate of this so called "multi million dollar business" is entirely in the hands of someone other than the owner what's the damn thing actually worth? The only thing driving the price at the present time are contract flipping speculators .

IWBF can think he's "Mr. Big Chest" all he wants. But, the same that happened to me and countless other will eventually happen to "Mr Big Chest" ...Too much cheap rate freight dumped onto him and nowhere enough healthy, drug free and most importantly CHEAP labor available to lug it around.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
IWBF can think he's "Mr. Big Chest" all he wants. But, the same that happened to me and countless other will eventually happen to "Mr Big Chest" ...Too much cheap rate freight dumped onto him and nowhere enough healthy, drug free and most importantly CHEAP labor available to lug it around.

You said that you bought one route that you ran yourself. How much cheap labor do you need to cover your own route that you're running yourself??

bacha29

You said that you bought one route that you ran yourself. How much cheap labor do you need to cover your own route that you're running yourself??
It's the reason why whenever a new route was created and it was offered to me completely free of charge (and there quite a number of them) I passed it off to whatever prospective new contractor wanted it. I knew they wouldn't last long and that was the case with nearly all of them This way whatever he got out of it he could keep.

Today, after the company takes it's cut out of the box and the contractor takes his cut out of the box .....there's nothing left for the guy who is actually delivering the box. And you wonder why very few actually stay for any length of time and among the few who do even fewer actually give a rodent's expletive deleted about the job itself because there's plenty more like readily available and often under better terms.

Can you blame them when they pull up along side a UPS driver doing the same thing you're doing for $40 an hour with full employer funded benefits and here you are the contractor employed driver get perhaps 15 all straight time and about the only benefits are perhaps a week's payed vacation and you're lucky if you get even that?

It's the reason why whenever a new route was created and it was offered to me completely free of charge (and there quite a number of them) I passed it off to whatever prospective new contractor wanted it. I knew they wouldn't last long and that was the case with nearly all of them This way whatever he got out of it he could keep.

Today, after the company takes it's cut out of the box and the contractor takes his cut out of the box .....there's nothing left for the guy who is actually delivering the box. And you wonder why very few actually stay for any length of time and among the few who do even fewer actually give a rodent's expletive deleted about the job itself because there's plenty more like readily available and often under better terms.

Can you blame them when they pull up along side a UPS driver doing the same thing you're doing for $40 an hour with full employer funded benefits and here you are the contractor employed driver get perhaps 15 all straight time and about the only benefits are perhaps a week's payed vacation and you're lucky if you get even that?
But they can have tattoos and drive with the bulkhead door open.....