President Trump

MAKAVELI

All the more reason the Governor of California should be held accountable ... Moonbean is leaving office in January but some of the blame lies there.
Now the question is, are the dumbbutts going to rebuild in Paradise?
I feel the same for people that build within a half-mile of the beach in the Gulf.
I don't know since most of those dumbbutts are cuckservatives.:happy2:

MAKAVELI

All the more reason the Governor of California should be held accountable ... Moonbean is leaving office in January but some of the blame lies there.
Now the question is, are the dumbbutts going to rebuild in Paradise?
I feel the same for people that build within a half-mile of the beach in the Gulf.
Or the entire east coast.:happy2:

vantexan

So you are saying that there was a plan in Trump’s Department of the Interior to remove fuel from the forest floors and liberals blocked it?

Really?
All that fuel on the forest floor didn't happen in just the last two years and those court rulings haven't been overturned as far as I know.

MAKAVELI

What is generally recognized now is fire is part of the ecosystem. Fire should have been allowed to run it's course over the decades. Protect people's homes on the edge of national forests but otherwise let nature do what it does.
That's pretty much what they do Van. There are strict rules in place on fighting fires in national Forrests. California has no say in those rules

It will be fine

What is generally recognized now is fire is part of the ecosystem. Fire should have been allowed to run it's course over the decades. Protect people's homes on the edge of national forests but otherwise let nature do what it does.
I still don’t see how your argument falls along partisan lines. Was there ever a doubt that fires are a natural occurrence? Is there some type of ideological argument that makes fire management a liberal/conservative dichotomy? Or do you just reflexively blame democrats for everything?

vantexan

I still don’t see how your argument falls along partisan lines. Was there ever a doubt that fires are a natural occurrence? Is there some type of ideological argument that makes fire management a liberal/conservative dichotomy? Or do you just reflexively blame democrats for everything?
Environmentalists i.e. liberals have pursued the policy through the courts to suppress fire in forests. This leads to a lot of undergrowth that fuels these massive fires. Doesn't matter whether it's old growth or not. And I suspect even newer growth forests are wanted to be allowed to become old growth. No logging, etc.

MAKAVELI

Environmentalists i.e. liberals have pursued the policy through the courts to suppress fire in forests. This leads to a lot of undergrowth that fuels these massive fires. Doesn't matter whether it's old growth or not. And I suspect even newer growth forests are wanted to be allowed to become old growth. No logging, etc.
Wrong.