President Trump

It will be fine

Environmentalists i.e. liberals have pursued the policy through the courts to suppress fire in forests. This leads to a lot of undergrowth that fuels these massive fires. Doesn't matter whether it's old growth or not. And I suspect even newer growth forests are wanted to be allowed to become old growth. No logging, etc.
So, environmentalist lawsuits are liberal policy? Anyone that files a lawsuit is equal to policy makers in your eyes? Are there liberal politicians that support these outcomes of massive fires? What is the conservative policy solution?

vantexan

So, environmentalist lawsuits are liberal policy? Anyone that files a lawsuit is equal to policy makers in your eyes? Are there liberal politicians that support these outcomes of massive fires? What is the conservative policy solution?
You know good and well that if liberals can't make it happen through legislation they go after it in the courts. Which is why they tried so hard to keep Kavanaugh off the SC.

It will be fine

You know good and well that if liberals can't make it happen through legislation they go after it in the courts. Which is why they tried so hard to keep Kavanaugh off the SC.
So you don’t actually have a legitimate argument, just nonsensical partisan conspiracy theories. That’s what I thought. Get back to me if you come up with a “conservative” solution to forest fires.

MAKAVELI

So why was there so much fuel on the ground in those areas? Lazy foresters?
Climate change and drought. How many foresters do you think would be needed to clear millions of acres of steep and rugged terrain? BTW the town of Paradise was not a Forest. Nor is the Malibu area. Those fires we're driven by low humidity and wind.

vantexan

So you don’t actually have a legitimate argument, just nonsensical partisan conspiracy theories. That’s what I thought. Get back to me if you come up with a “conservative” solution to forest fires.
Let's let fires run their course, and just protect around homes and towns. And you don't need a conspiracy theory to see have liberals have sued over everything for decades now.

It will be fine

Let's let fires run their course, and just protect around homes and towns. And you don't need a conspiracy theory to see have liberals have sued over everything for decades now.
So the conservative solution is let forest fires burn. I don’t think that’ll get much public support. Are there any conservative politicians supporting that view or is it just something else you made up?
Should people have their own private fire departments to protect their homes? Is that the conservative solution?

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The US Government conducts controlled burns on National Lands to prevent the disaster that occurred in California.
I watched the abject stupidity in this thread today on the management of forest lands hoping someone with a modicum of informed intelligence would jump in here.
I imagine half the people who manage National Forests are Dims and half are Repugs.
The forests in California were not managed properly for two reasons:
1) Environmentalists that filed lawsuits to protect some species that is endangered.
2) It costs money to manage a forest and the politics of helping immigrants and other peoples that are unable to compete as well as a plethora of causes resulted in Cali not spending the money necessary to manage their forests.

There's your answers you seem to be able to understand or communicate.
Schools out ... go back to your senseless Tit-for-Tat.

MAKAVELI

The US Government conducts controlled burns on National Lands to prevent the disaster that occurred in California.
I watched the abject stupidity in this thread today on the management of forest lands hoping someone with a modicum of informed intelligence would jump in here.
I imagine half the people who manage National Forests are Dims and half are Repugs.
1) Environmentalists that filed lawsuits to protect some species that is endangered.
2) It costs money to manage a forest and the politics of helping immigrants and other peoples that are unable to compete as well as a plethora of causes resulted in Cali not spending the money necessary to manage their forests.

Fake news.

MAKAVELI

They conduct controlled burns all the time. Many of which become uncontrolled. Thanks for your ignorant response.:happy2:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Kind of hard to have a controlled burn in a town. Again thanks for your ignorant response.
You post some really stupid stuff ... I assume if you are a UPS driver that you are smarter than you come across.
You have to manage the forests and lands around the towns ... not the town itself.
Something as simple as clearing the forests and let the grass grow and let farmers graze their livestock (cows and sheep come to mind) to keep the grasses too low to be a fire hazard.
This is obvious to people who live off their land and not some Dim Wit that grew up in the city.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have three houses and I keep the land around them cut or no grass at all (preferable). Lawns are a city thang!
You ever noticed that people that own thousands of acres keep the area around their house neat and cut back?
Of course, growing up in a city, you have no concept of responsible land management.
Try getting an insurance company around here approve your property if the forest is close to the house ... ain't gonna happen.

MAKAVELI

I have three houses and I keep the land around them cut or no grass at all (preferable). Lawns are a city thang!
You ever noticed that people that own thousands of acres keep the area around their house neat and cut back?
Of course, growing up in a city, you have no concept of responsible land management.
Try getting an insurance company around here approve your property if the forest is close to the house ... ain't gonna happen.
Georgia is not Cali bro . Completely different terrain and climate. I know you simpletons have an idea that is so so simple but you couldn't be so far off. These fires are usually started by humans activity and spread by our climate. Do some research and get back to me.