President Trump

newfie

The entire game has changed once again now that the Mueller team has withdrawn Manafort's plea deal claiming to have caught him in so many lies that his credibility is now gone and have recommended that he be given the lengthy jail sentence he originally faced.

sounds like he refused to manufacture some nonsense about Trump

vantexan

They won't sell it in the US.
Doesn't mean they can't make it here.
Actually the safety standards for cars are much higher in the U.S. than in Mexico. Mexicans aren't going to pay for the more expensive U.S. built car. They still build Volkswagen Beetle's in Mexico but you can't import them into the U.S. because of the safety regs.

bacha29

Just 10 years ago the federal government who at the time was reeling under the weight of the worst recession in 80 years had to hoark up a 51 billion dollar hair ball just to bail out GM. If it were not for the passage of the bailout plan by just a 2 vote Senate majority that's right just 2 votes General Motors wouldn't even be around today . A lot of people who were holding GMAC bonds came away with nothing.
What happened back then? Ugly, obsolete vehicles that used a lot of gas and they are to some extent in the same position again.
Compare the vehicles GM is discontinuing to Ford's lineup of small SUV's.

Yesterday's announcement alone was bad enough but when you combine it with the empty promises offered up by Donald Trump the Babe Ruth of BS it only serves to further elevate the level of public cynicism .

vantexan

It's the same car dude.
Theyve been selling the Mexican one in the US too.
No, they build cars in Mexico for import into the U.S. that meet U.S. standards. They don't build cars in the U.S. below U.S. standards. Cars built in Mexico for the Mexican market do not meet U.S. standards. Thus an American built car costs a lot more in Mexico and has a very limited market.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, they build cars in Mexico for import into the U.S. that meet U.S. standards.
Man, you are trying so hard to spin this.

The factory they build Cruzes at in Mexico sells those cars in the US. They're shutting down the US factory and keeping the Mexican one open.

You will perform all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend Trump, it's hilarious.

Last edited:

newfie

Who's..."us'?

You're not too bright are you. The point would be that one of your previous posters mention the fact that Mueller is a republican as if somehow that as supposed to give us an advantage .while in fact Comey was also supposed to be a republican but you can see that his ego and his arrogance over rode his political affiliation. Not to mention it was later found out that Comey has a house full of liberal wives and daughters that all attended the woman's Rally and clearly influenced him so while he may claim to be a republican he is anything but.

newfie

Just 10 years ago the federal government who at the time was reeling under the weight of the worst recession in 80 years had to hoark up a 51 billion dollar hair ball just to bail out GM. If it were not for the passage of the bailout plan by just a 2 vote Senate majority that's right just 2 votes General Motors wouldn't even be around today . A lot of people who were holding GMAC bonds came away with nothing.
What happened back then? Ugly, obsolete vehicles that used a lot of gas and they are to some extent in the same position again.
Compare the vehicles GM is discontinuing to Ford's lineup of small SUV's.

Yesterday's announcement alone was bad enough but when you combine it with the empty promises offered up by Donald Trump the Babe Ruth of BS it only serves to further elevate the level of public cynicism .

Your argument has one flaw Chevy volt electric car

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Man, you are trying so hard to spin this.

The factory they build Cruzes at in Mexico sells those cars in the US. They're shutting down the US factory and keeping the Mexican one open.

You will perform all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend Trump, it's hilarious.
I'd blame the unions before i would blame trump. I am not faulting someone who wants a company to build in America

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd blame the unions before i would blame trump. I am not faulting someone who wants a company to build in America
I don't blame Trump when a company fires workers and I don't give him credit when they hire workers.

I'm just pointing out his broken promises. His followers are a little delusional about what he can do.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don't blame Trump when a company fires workers and I don't give him credit when they hire workers.

I'm just pointing out his broken promises. His followers are a little delusional about what he can do.
GM needs to locate its plants on the Mexican border with California so those South/Central American caravans will have a destination, and GM will still have a U.S. presence with a mexican workforce. Then they can drive into California to vote.

Win/win

(OK, who moved the sarcasm font?)