President Trump

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The entire game has changed once again now that the Mueller team has withdrawn Manafort's plea deal claiming to have caught him in so many lies that his credibility is now gone and have recommended that he be given the lengthy jail sentence he originally faced.
No change.
Trump pardons him!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So a plant closes due to changing market conditions and you point to that as evidence that Trump isn't fulfilling his campaign promises? This is why you don't put Democrats in charge of an economy. You'd have GM giving those workers busywork to make everything look normal, until it all comes crashing down.

GM spent $10 BILLION in share buy-backs in 2018. GM says closing those 6 plants will save $6.6 BILLION by 2020. You really, really need to get your head out of the trump rump!

Well I am working class, you're not, and if you haven't noticed things have improved for the working class. Just having a Democrat in the White House doesn't automatically make things better for the working class. Certainly didn't with the last administration.

Jesus, you are an idiot! Please tell me how you think we all weren't better off when Obama left office from when he entered it at the depth of the Great Recession?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Wow, and know its a race thing.... Okay. Enjoy your clan meetings.
Just an honest observation.
I grew up in South Georgia where everybody was a Democrat.
They are more conservative than Repugs from up North.

PS - If you use the 'Reply' link at the bottom right of a member's post to which you are replying,
you don't look as dumb. Just saying

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Just an honest observation.
I grew up in South Georgia where everybody was a Democrat.
They are more conservative than Repugs from up North.

PS - If you use the 'Reply' link at the bottom right of a member's post to which you are replying,
you don't look as dumb. Just saying

Why do you assume they were talking to you?
Guilty conscience?

BrownArmy

No change.
Trump pardons him!

Manafort is fkd six ways to Sunday.

Trump can't pardon him for all the various State tax laws Manafort has violated...

Much like Trump won't be able to pardon Jared...who, I assume, he doesn't care about at all...jeez, Trump doesn't even like half of his own actual children.

Get in the game, play with the big boys, expect to get your d kicked in, at least once or twice. Trump has always been the 'guy-who-kicks-in-d', if by that phrase one means stiffing contractors, paying more to sue than to just settle the bill, hating on black tenants, getting sued repeatedly and settling, but calling it a 'win'...etc.

It's a laundry list, and it's dirty... nothing's changed.

Trump plays and acts a good game as a tough-guy, but the REAL d-kickers are sitting on unfiled subpoenas, and Trump is even more unhinged lately than usual.

Sad.

vantexan

GM spent $10 BILLION in share buy-backs in 2018. GM says closing those 6 plants will save $6.6 BILLION by 2020. You really, really need to get your head out of the trump rump!

Jesus, you are an idiot! Please tell me how you think we all weren't better off when Obama left office from when he entered it at the depth of the Great Recession?
What does GM buying back stock have to do with Trump? A plant closes, and your guys attack that as Trump not keeping his promises to add jobs. But then you defend GM closing the plant in order to save money and somehow that's Trump's fault? Really? If you remember it was GM employees going into management of the company with Obama's help to save the company. So how is their doing what they're doing Trump's fault?

And for the millionth time, no one was really benefiting with Obama's policies except the very rich. It took giving businesses incentives to make money that opened up the job market. Obama never even had an annual 3% GDP growth, the first president in history to not do so. Sure he was dealt a tough hand at the start, but he had 8 years to turn it around. He was the one saying those jobs aren't coming back and with the layers of extra regulation he put on business he was right. Call me names all you want but you can't point to real hope and change until Trump gave us hope by making changes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What does GM buying back stock have to do with Trump?
That's what happens when they get tax cuts. Trump pushed for the tax cuts.
Ttku.
A plant closes, and your guys attack that as Trump not keeping his promises to add jobs.
Yes, because he went to these areas and promised to bring jobs, hence broken promises.
Ttku.
But then you defend GM closing the plant in order to save money and somehow that's Trump's fault?
Be honest.
If they were adding jobs you'd be giving Trump all the credit.

vantexan

That's what happens when they get tax cuts. Trump pushed for the tax cuts.
Ttku.

Yes, because he went to these areas and promised to bring jobs, hence broken promises.
Ttku.

Be honest.
If they were adding jobs you'd be giving Trump all the credit.
Trump has no control over GM doing what they did. But GM is controlled by a partnership between management and their employees. Obama arranged that. They were seriously struggling when that happened and if they're doing this now it's probably to strengthen their company because they know the numbers and what's needed to keep the company viable. BenBen seems to think they're awash in cash but it takes many billions to pay all of those union workers and pay for everything else. If that plant was underperforming and a drag on the rest of the company the harsh reality is these decisions have to be made.

vantexan

I agree..... Yet he promised jobs to an auto industry area.

Are you suggesting Trump does not understand that fact?

Seems he is either a fool or a liar.... Maybe both.
He's created conditions that makes it favorable for business to grow and profit. If a business puts out a product that people don't buy enough of that's beyond what he can help with. If GM was moving that plant to Mexico then you can say Trump isn't doing enough to keep those jobs here. But unlike his predecessors he's doing what he can to make an environment business can thrive in. But GM has to sell products that have the features and quality that people are willing to spend that much money on. The two nights I spent shuttling new pickups recently the cheapest trucks I was moving were $32k. Many were $52k-$54k. All Ford's. They were nice but way beyond what a lot of people can afford. I honestly don't know how they stay in business but apparently they sell enough. Pretty competitive environment.