President Trump

BrownArmy

In fact, I think it is more an age thing than a cultural thing.

In the 80’s it was just something that was said. No hate or phobia to it. Kind of like “Your momma” jokes.

To be fair, there is a disproportionate level of homophobia in the black community.

Do you disagree?

BrownArmy

That other line you quoted over top of mine does indeed look more Neanderthal than Welsh.

Don’t overthink it, the ‘k’ key produces ‘j’.

It’s not Welsh, Gaelic, or any other language, it’s just a broken keyboard.

Wife is asleep, I’m banging BC on her phone, I feel like I won the internet...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
To be fair, there is a disproportionate level of homophobia in the black community.

Do you disagree?
It's been studied, and the general conclusion is that homophobia tends be higher among people who are less educated/ highly religious. This holds true for any ethnic group, not just blacks, but since blacks as a whole in this country are more religious and less educated than whites as a whole they have a disproportionately higher level of homophobia. So the real culprits are religion and lack of education. On the flip side blacks as group show higher support for LGBTQ civil rights than their white counterparts, so they got that going for them.

bbsam

Staff member

Do you disagree?
I honestly don’t know. My cross-cultural friendships and relationships don’t have a lot of homophobia but at the same time, I wouldn’t say I associate with one group more than others. Soccer is good for that.

newfie

It's been studied, and the general conclusion is that homophobia tends be higher among people who are less educated/ highly religious. This holds true for any ethnic group, not just blacks, but since blacks as a whole in this country are more religious and less educated than whites as a whole they have a disproportionately higher level of homophobia. So the real culprits are religion and lack of education. On the flip side blacks as group show higher support for LGBTQ civil rights than their white counterparts, so they got that going for them.

I wonder if its possible to disagree with homosexuality for religious reasons without engaging in a phobia of it. the marketing here being if you disagree then you must be afraid of it.