President Trump

vantexan

I’m not a Dim like you’re not a Repug.

And government employees often serve in high cost cost of living areas while making less money than their private sector counterparts. They do not always have the luxury of padding their piggy banks like you did down in Georgia.
Bet they get paid as well if not better than a UPS driver on average.

vantexan

And I “bet” aliens exist. But I have no proof.

There is plenty of proof that public sector employees make far less than their private sector counterparts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-average-report-says/?utm_term=.eeaa42172fec
A lot of that is giving them nice pensions etc because the argument is because they could make more in the private sector. But we're talking professionals who might have gone on to be highly paid executives, accountants, etc. There aren't people languishing away at $35k a year in the Federal government who would make $60k in the private sector. Generally on the lower end of the payscale Federal workers do better than their counterparts in the private sector. With better benefits. Pensions are still a thing in government service but not common anymore in the private sector.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
A lot of that is giving them nice pensions etc because the argument is because they could make more in the private sector.

Meanwhile, those lower wage federal workers who are not retired and are not being paid cannot pay for food, housing or medical costs with their future pensions.

Total compensation of federal workers is not typically better unless you’re a long-time career employee. Which is why the government can tend to have trouble recruiting high caliber employees into the mid-tier and lower.

Will be an even bigger problem post-2018/19 shutdown, but the Republicans probably don’t care anyway. It’s in their political interest to hobble the government, then point to it as innefective and flawed and argue for its dismantling or privatization.

vantexan

Meanwhile, those lower wage federal workers who are not retired and are not being paid cannot pay for food, housing or medical costs with their future pensions.

Total compensation of federal workers is not typically better unless you’re a long-time career employee. Which is why the government can tend to have trouble recruiting high caliber employees into the mid-tier and lower.

Will be an even bigger problem post-2018/19 shutdown, but the Republicans probably don’t care anyway. It’s in their political interest to hobble the government, point to it as innefective and flawed, and then argue for its dismantling or privatization.
About 15 years ago my brother was a Federal prison chaplain with great benefits, making $75k a year. If you make that much, and especially if your wife works, you should have a rainy day fund. Hard for me to feel sorry for people who make that kind of money and are in hock to their necks with no savings. Especially working in a comfortable professional environment.

Box Ox

About 15 years ago my brother was a Federal prison chaplain with great benefits, making $75k a year. If you make that much, and especially if your wife works, you should have a rainy day fund. Hard for me to feel sorry for people who make that kind of money and are in hock to their necks with no savings. Especially working in a comfortable professional environment.

Well, then definitely rag on your brother if he's ever in a financial pinch. But his situation and experience are not necessarily representative of vast swaths of federal employees or departments.

vantexan

Well, then definitely rag on your brother if he's ever in a financial pinch. But his situation and experience are not necessarily representative of vast swaths of federal employees or departments.
Again I'm betting you won't find many Federal workers slaving away for $35k or less a year. Just because an accountant decides $85k working for the Fed's is better than the $130k he might get in the private sector doesn't mean EVERYONE is working for a lot less.

Box Ox

Again I'm betting you won't find many Federal workers slaving away for $35k or less a year. Just because an accountant decides $85k working for the Fed's is better than the $130k he might get in the private sector doesn't mean EVERYONE is working for a lot less.

Don't get too wrapped up in the actual gross salary per year. What really matters is the discrepancy between public/private pay while doing the same work because the higher private pay of the majority is what tends to dictate local costs of living.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It’s not very intelligent to think people who choose to make less money in order to serve their Country have made a poor life choice.
It is intelligent that to think that people could be making more money if they had tried harder in school and been more motivated to improve their position in life.
As for military service people, they should be paid more and better taken care of.
As for people who work for the US Government or any government, I have absolutely no interest or sympathy for them. They perpetuate a parasitic organization they cares nothing about the people they should and pursue the end of individual freedom in the USA.
I empathize with them as individuals just as I did the many people I had to let go because they did not fit into the UPS culture.
I even empathize with the Latino people trying to invade us from the Southern border.
I even empathize with the German soldiers that did the bidding of the Nazi government.
I even empathize with this piece of :poop::

Turd Nazi.jpg

Last edited:

Box Ox

It is intelligent that to think that people could be making more money if they had tried harder in school and and been more motivated to improve their position in life.

If you can't understand why people choose to make less money in order to serve their Country, I can't help you.

I even empathize with this piece of :poop::

turd-nazi-jpg.231701

You don't have to dress up like a piece of poop for people to get a feel for you. Can wear your memorabilia collection without it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
How many months savings did you have when you first got married and had young kids?
Did you have a couple hundred months in savings then?
By the time I had two years of full-time employment I had 6 months wages/salary in savings.
I refused to take vacations or buy a house until I got that accomplished.
Then I worked on paying off my student loans before I bought my first house at 24 years of age.
You are obviously talking to the wrong person in that regards.
I grew up in poverty and I had a mindset that I would never live like that.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
A lot of that is giving them nice pensions etc because the argument is because they could make more in the private sector. But we're talking professionals who might have gone on to be highly paid executives, accountants, etc. There aren't people languishing away at $35k a year in the Federal government who would make $60k in the private sector. Generally on the lower end of the payscale Federal workers do better than their counterparts in the private sector. With better benefits. Pensions are still a thing in government service but not common anymore in the private sector.
That was true back in the early 1970's as well.
The Government is not a system based on results like the private sector.
The private sector awards the winners and doesn't the slackards.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
By the time I had two years of full-time employment I had 6 months wages/salary in savings.
I refused to take vacations or buy a house until I got that accomplished.
Then I worked on paying off my student loans before I bought my first house at 24 years of age.
You are obviously talking to the wrong person in that regards.
I grew up in poverty and I had a mindset that I would never live like that.
Good for you.
That was probably before Republicans jacked up the economy, and created the worst economic disparities since the middle ages.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If you can't understand why people choose to make less money in order to serve their Country, I can't help you.
Like I said earlier, I understand serving my country in the military but nothing else!
I don't understand or get it and I don't have any desire to understand it.
Not judgmental but that's not for me.