President Trump

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It is intelligent that to think that people could be making more money if they had tried harder in school and been more motivated to improve their position in life.
As for military service people, they should be paid more and better taken care of.
As for people who work for the US Government or any government, I have absolutely no interest or sympathy for them. They perpetuate a parasitic organization they cares nothing about the people they should and pursue the end of individual freedom in the USA.
I empathize with them as individuals just as I did the many people I had to let go because they did not fit into the UPS culture.
I even empathize with the Latino people trying to invade us from the Southern border.
I even empathize with the German soldiers that did the bidding of the Nazi government.
I even empathize with this piece of :poop::

View attachment 231701
kicked,in nuts3.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And I “bet” aliens exist. But I have no proof.

There is plenty of proof that public sector employees make far less than their private sector counterparts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-average-report-says/?utm_term=.eeaa42172fec
That was true back in the early 1970's as well.
The Government is not a system based on results like the private sector.
The private sector awards the winners and doesn't the slackards.
I didn't bother to read your link all the way through but it starts off like this:
Federal employee salaries on average lag behind those of similar private-sector workers by just under 32 percent, a pay advisory council has said, while also deciding to reassess how it annually reaches similar conclusions
, which are at odds with the findings of other pay comparisons.

I happen to have kept track of public versus private sector after a college professor encouraged us in 1973.
The public sector, on average, provides higher compensation than does the private sector.

Overall Public-Private Sector Compensation Gap Has Widened, CBO Finds
Overall, total compensation for federal workers was 17 percent higher, on average, than for comparable workers in the private sector during 2011-2015, CBO found. It was 16 percent higher for the period of 2005-2010, the budget office found in its earlier study.

The cost of providing benefits for federal civilian workers from 2011-2015 was estimated to be 47 percent higher on average than for comparable private sector employees. CBO said the biggest factor in the difference in the cost of benefits was that much of the federal workforce still falls under systems that include a defined benefit pension, a concept that has largely disappeared in the private sector. And due to the uncertain nature of future costs of pension plans, cost differences in the realm of benefits are “difficult to quantify,” analysts said in their latest report.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
I didn't bother to read your link all the way through but it starts off like this:
Federal employee salaries on average lag behind those of similar private-sector workers by just under 32 percent, a pay advisory council has said, while also deciding to reassess how it annually reaches similar conclusions, which are at odds with the findings of other pay comparisons.

I happen to have kept track of public versus private sector after a college professor encouraged us in 1973.
The public sector, on average, provides higher compensation than does the private sector.

Overall Public-Private Sector Compensation Gap Has Widened, CBO Finds
Overall, total compensation for federal workers was 17 percent higher, on average, than for comparable workers in the private sector during 2011-2015, CBO found. It was 16 percent higher for the period of 2005-2010, the budget office found in its earlier study.

The cost of providing benefits for federal civilian workers from 2011-2015 was estimated to be 47 percent higher on average than for comparable private sector employees. CBO said the biggest factor in the difference in the cost of benefits was that much of the federal workforce still falls under systems that include a defined benefit pension, a concept that has largely disappeared in the private sector. And due to the uncertain nature of future costs of pension plans, cost differences in the realm of benefits are “difficult to quantify,” analysts said in their latest report.

I thought Republicans don't trust CBO reports farther than they can throw them! Negative feedback on their healthcare cuts, tax cuts etc = "We no trust the CBO!"

Glad you guys are starting to have a little faith in 'em.

newfie

Are you really asking that?

One of the contractors here loaded up his grill and took it to his son’s final football practice of his senior year. It was a losing season but those young men were treated to big, thick, juicy ribeye steaks

That’s how you do it. Not ‘berders and frys for the National collegiate champions.

yes correct. let me dumb it down for you

burgers from Obama good

burgers from trump bad

newfie

Imagine Obama had fed an NCAA national championship team fast food in the White House. My God, Hannity and the other Fox News personalities would have :censored2: their pants repeatedly live on air.

Hannity would have celebrated the cost savings. Speaking of which Obama would have had the black players standing behind him and the white ones off camera.

newfie

Don't get too wrapped up in the actual gross salary per year. What really matters is the discrepancy between public/private pay while doing the same work because the higher private pay of the majority is what tends to dictate local costs of living.

you counting all the bonuses paid to government workers as a reward for running in the red?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He still voted for the same political ideology until the day he died. He grew up during the Depression and was firm believer that those less fortunate than himself deserved support and dignity. Its what he learned from his father and passed on to me
So did my mother (1921) and father (1900) and they taught me to bitch and complain about being poor.
I have not been able to apply their teachings even when I was poor.

Last edited:

newfie

I thought Republicans don't trust CBO reports farther than they can throw them! Negative feedback on their healthcare cuts, tax cuts etc = "We no trust the CBO!"

not sure about republicans but CBO's tend to be wrong.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

First off, not a Repug ... I find them Repugnant!
Second off, I don't know what the CBO is ... probably some National Government Agency.

El Correcto

god is dead
He still voted for the same political ideology until the day he died. He grew up during the Depression and was firm believer that those less fortunate than himself deserved support and dignity. Its what he learned from his father and passed on to me
My father taught me if I didn’t want to join them I needed to be self sufficient.

He did this by leaving me in a working poor household ran by a single mother in the hood.