President Trump

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
and rarely charged and difficult to prove.

Cohen Among Select Few Charged With Lying to Congress

Convictions for Lying to Congress Few and Far Between

"pursuing criminal charges against those who are untruthful to Congress would be a huge shift from tradition. “Almost no one is prosecuted for lying to Congress,” attorney PJ Meitl wrote in a 2006 law review article on the topic, “in fact, only six people have been convicted of perjury or related charges in relation to Congress in the last sixty years.”

Few liars have been as :censored2:ing stupid doing it as Michael Cohen and Roger Stone, you say?!

newfie

Few liars have been as :censored2:ing stupid doing it as Michael Cohen and Roger Stone, you say?!

no I think you're brighter then that. clearly the SP is trying to pad his body count and trying to leverage Stone to see what else he can give.

I'm not a roger stone fan , despise Cohen as pure sleeze . I realize you libs are willing to ignore flaws in the justice system if the ends justify the means.

at some point I think we all have to be concerned about stormtrooper raid tactics on both, disparities of selective prosecution , and the clear signs that those trusted to provide objective investigation mainly the leadership of the FBI lied there way in to this investigation.

oldngray

nowhere special
no I think you're brighter then that. clearly the SP is trying to pad his body count and trying to leverage Stone to see what else he can give.

I'm not a roger stone fan , despise Cohen as pure sleeze . I realize you libs are willing to ignore flaws in the justice system if the ends justify the means.

at some point I think we all have to be concerned about stormtrooper raid tactics on both, disparities of selective prosecution , and the clear signs that those trusted to provide objective investigation mainly the leadership of the FBI lied there way in to this investigation.

A predawn SWAT raid on Stone was pure intimidation. The judge realized that so set the bail low.

newfie

A predawn SWAT raid on Stone was pure intimidation. The judge realized that so set the bail low.

Sure dress up in swat gear , call CNN and put on a show. thank god he they were well armed and protected us from Stone's lying mouth

oh wait a minute he's still talking

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In your opinion, would violent rape be a good thing in that context?
Well, if the rapist has a Nixon fetish.....
roger-stone-richard-nixon-tattoo.jpg

BrownArmy

NYT suggests that Muellers’ real interest isn’t in Stone himself, but rather in his electronic devices, phones and computers.

Hence the early raid, in order to seize these items.

bacha29

Instead of ordering Stone to voluntarily surrender he went in with the full right and power of US law enforcement. Mueller doesn't sign the warrant. A federal judge does that and only on the basis of just cause.
If convicted and shows no remorse or contrition he could end up dying in prison.