President Trump

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Not really.

Whatever you paid into SS is what you’ll be able to draw.

Haven’t been paying into SS any time lately, eh?

How am I paying you, exactly?
SS takes your highest 35 consecutive years so that mitigates the impact of not working lately.

Your Social Security payments are based on your lifetime average earnings. For retirement payments, SSA uses your best 35 years of work, indexed for inflation. (Fewer years are used for mid-career death or disability.)

Last edited:

LarryBird

Says the guy ranting at me on a Saturday night, LOL.
I'm old. Or more accurately old enough that I don't run out to party it up every Friday and Saturday night anymore. I'm also with the same chick for 20 years so we don't exactly have dates every weekend either.

Plus I've always been more of a Sunday funday kinda guy, if I'm being totally honest. My idea of a good weekend is to relax Friday after work, get some stuff done on Saturday and have a nice meal in the evening, and then hit the golf course Sunday morning around 730am, and the bar by 11am. Drunk by 2pm and home by 4pm for another good meal and the Sunday night HBO/Showtime lineup.

Action packed, I know. But hey, if you weren't a loser in your 20's/early 30's, you should have pretty much gotten it in by that time. The age I'm at now is the time to be responsible and plan ahead for the next fun chapter of my life that starts in my late 50's.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nice ghost-edit.

Anyway, color me unimpressed that bro is bragging about one day living off SS.
Having to depend on social security is a full blown life financial failure. It's a safety net for people who failed. Sometimes it's necessary.

But it's really odd to hear someone bragging about that.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You were paying into SS at fourteen years old?

:censored2: Georgia, amirite?
Yes ... before that I was newspaper delivery boy starting at age 10.
Started working for a grocery store as a bagger and stock person at 14
and worked my way up to a butcher, at 16, before I left for college.
I can still cut up 3 whole chickens in a minute!