President Trump

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The status quo is hyper intolerant, morally/financially bankrupt corporatism.

You think people believe this is better?
This is goofy man.
The Corporations don't keep all their money ... they pay many types of taxes (hopefully), they provide jobs, they pay into SS and Medicare, most support some charities ... they are not morally corrupt but they could do better.
Now you're starting to sound like Bernie and Pocahontas.

Corporations are more moral than half of the citizens they support.

.​

bbsam

Staff member
This is goofy man.
The Corporations don't keep all their money ... they pay many types of taxes (hopefully), they provide jobs, they pay into SS and Medicare, most support some charities ... they are not morally corrupt but they could do better.
Now you're starting to sound like Bernie and Pocahontas.

Corporations are more moral than half of the citizens they support.

.​

It does sound goofy, doesn’t it? Almost as goofy as corporations are people.

What a strange world we’ve come to live in!

vantexan

And there you go. Starting towards a consensus. Why does the solution have to be ONE thing? There’s no reason nuke shouldn’t e part of it. Maybe that’s one of the things the horrible liberals will have to put up with to get a deal. What a friend’n concept.

And let’s not pretend the nuclear industry didn’t play a role in their demise. What’s the public to think when they see Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island?
You consider Chernobyl to be part of the nuclear industry? And exactly how many people died at Three Mile Island? Some countries, like France, are light years ahead of us on this.

bbsam

Staff member
You consider Chernobyl to be part of the nuclear industry? And exactly how many people died at Three Mile Island? Some countries, like France, are light years ahead of us on this.
Yes. A meltdown in a nuclear reactor will shape peoples’ impression of the nuclear industry no matter where it’s located.

How many people died at 3 mile? I don’t know. How many people live there now?

I’m not against nuclear power. If you followed the thread I suggested that we should have stayed in and continued on the cutting edge.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
How many people died at 3 mile? I don’t know. How many people live there now?

One of the reactors is still operational there. It generates 837 megawatts. Enough to power 800,000 homes.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

JALBvNq.png