President Trump

MAKAVELI

We can't afford what either side wants to spend.

My son was in grad school in 2018 and worked as a teaching assistant. With his 2018 income he would qualify for the $1200 stimulus check. He is now graduated and will make over $100,000 this year. Why the hell would he be eligible for the handout?
If that's the case he can donate it to a local charity. Not everyone may need the check. But millions will and the only way to get it to those who need it fast is to send it to everyone.

It will be fine

If that's the case he can donate it to a local charity. Not everyone may need the check. But millions will and the only way to get it to those who need it fast is to send it to everyone.
If they send me extra money I’ll spend it on take out at all the local restaurants. We normally eat out only a few times a year but I picked up food 3 times last week. I want them to stay in business when this is all over.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I told him to invest it, pass it down to his future grandchild so he/she can pay the piper when this debt comes due.

vantexan

Oh, so now if you're a Democrat, you're a Russian? Great "logic". Trump should probably get pinned with the Putin Cross for outstanding services rendered to a tyrannical, murderous dictator.
I honestly don't know how you concluded the first sentence. But your third sentence proves my point. Probably even 50 years from now Democrats will still be whining that Trump won the election by colluding with Russians.