President Trump

vantexan

Trump gave Woodward a lot of interview time and that was all Woodward could twist to attack Trump.

By the way, Woodward has a book coming out. What were the odds?
Trump gave Woodward a lot of access for a book Woodward was writing about Trump. The major knock I have against Trump is that he likes to talk about himself, praise himself. He obviously said things to Woodward that he shouldn't have. But it looks to me that he was flattered by Woodward wanting to do a book about him so he opened up. Woodward didn't make up anything, those are Trump's words. And obviously Woodward released what was said on tape to hurt Trump before the election as well as help his book. We don't know yet what else was said or if this is the only problematic quote in the book. I very much want Trump to be reelected. I don't want him blowing it saying things he shouldn't. The election is too important.

It will be fine

Trump gave Woodward a lot of access for a book Woodward was writing about Trump. The major knock I have against Trump is that he likes to talk about himself, praise himself. He obviously said things to Woodward that he shouldn't have. But it looks to me that he was flattered by Woodward wanting to do a book about him so he opened up. Woodward didn't make up anything, those are Trump's words. And obviously Woodward released what was said on tape to hurt Trump before the election as well as help his book. We don't know yet what else was said or if this is the only problematic quote in the book. I very much want Trump to be reelected. I don't want him blowing it saying things he shouldn't. The election is too important.
So you’re more upset about the optics than the fact that Trump had better information about the virus earlier and lied to the American public about it? Cool standards.

vantexan

So you’re more upset about the optics than the fact that Trump had better information about the virus earlier and lied to the American public about it? Cool standards.
What's done is done and I'm very upset that he didn't act on it much sooner. But also there's a huge gap between what Republicans want and what Democrats want. Dems will destroy the country. Not through incompetence, it's their stated goal to completely restructure the country. It's important that Republicans win so don't do anything stupid that would allow people like you to get authority.

It will be fine

What's done is done and I'm very upset that he didn't act on it much sooner. But also there's a huge gap between what Republicans want and what Democrats want. Dems will destroy the country. Not through incompetence, it's their stated goal to completely restructure the country. It's important that Republicans win so don't do anything stupid that would allow people like you get authority.
Trump lied to the public about the virus. The pandemic then got far more out of control than necessary. The economy got rocked because of it. There is civil unrest due in large part to that economic harm. This all leads you to be afraid of a competent government taking over because of the harm that might come from it?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Florida has set another Covid19 death record!

Then why are they playing college football in the SEC and the ACC this weekend...

Alabama, Clemson, LSU are set to play...Were is OSU? playing politics will prevent the them from participation... The fans want it, the players want it but because Trump wanted it also ..the college administrators in the Big Ten Might not let them.

That decision by itself might cost the Dems to lose Ohio come November 3...And therefore the national election...study The history...

vantexan

Trump lied to the public about the virus. The pandemic then got far more out of control than necessary. The economy got rocked because of it. There is civil unrest due in large part to that economic harm. This all leads you to be afraid of a competent government taking over because of the harm that might come from it?
We went from a few cases to what we have now not because of Trump's incompetence but because of an extremely contagious virus that no one can contain. Trump could have prevented deaths by warning us to get people isolated. I don't believe it was known yet that the elderly were exceptionally vulnerable or those with preexisting conditions were more vulnerable. But the virus was already here because the Chinese had let their citizens from the epicenter travel internationally while they were denying its seriousness publicly yet scrambling behind the scenes to contain it. Those few cases Trump knew about were just the tip of the iceberg as it spread while carriers were asymptomatic. So to say he could have stopped it is disingenuous and you know it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trump could have prevented deaths by warning us to get people isolated.
People were being isolated.
Remember the cruise ship buddy? Remember the quarantines for any us citizens that traveled from Wuhan and the restriction on non citizens? The contract tracing that the CDC was doing?

Hurr durr Trump could have done more!
I don't know what, but the talking heads told me that's true and I believe it!

vantexan

People were being isolated.
Remember the cruise ship buddy? Remember the quarantines for any us citizens that traveled from Wuhan and the restriction on non citizens? The contract tracing that the CDC was doing?

Hurr durr Trump could have done more!
I don't know what, but the talking heads told me that's true and I believe it!
They responded to specific cases. He could have warned the public that China was experiencing a serious crisis and that it was already in the States. This is what the CDC is recommending we all do. As president he could have declared a national emergency. Trying to protect his economy was probably his chief concern.