President Trump

refineryworker05

Because without social media censoring, the American people would not have elected Robinette Biden.
They'll be more "censoring" without section 230. I have no idea what's not to get about that. Section 230 protects these social media platforms from being sued by what their users post. Eliminate that protection and those social media companies will clamp down even more.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yeah. I don't think ending Section 230 would be as good for Trump's ongoing Twitter career as I guess he thinks it would be.
They'll be more "censoring" without section 230. I have no idea what's not to get about that. Section 230 protects these social media platforms from being sued by what their users post. Eliminate that protection and those social media companies will clamp down even more.
You mean they'll have to censor DemWit's posts just like they already censor RePug's posts.

I think that is what Trump desires.

vantexan

No, Section 230 gave social media companies protections that newspapers don't have because they are supposed to be platforms, not editorialize. The social media companies have taken advantage of this protection however to choose sides and protect their favored candidates while attacking others. This is why Republicans are trying to remove those protections. If a newspaper attacks someone and it's found to be false they can be sued and possibly lose a considerable amount of money. Social media companies should be held to that same standard if they are going to be more than just a platform.

refineryworker05

No, Section 230 gave social media companies protections that newspapers don't have because they are supposed to be platforms, not editorialize. The social media companies have taken advantage of this protection however to choose sides and protect their favored candidates while attacking others. This is why Republicans are trying to remove those protections. If a newspaper attacks someone and it's found to be false they can be sued and possibly lose a considerable amount of money. Social media companies should be held to that same standard if they are going to be more than just a platform.
lol ok sure. Republicans still believe newspapers are attacking them. They still believe they are being "censored" by the media. Are newspapers sued? LOL Again, section 230 allows people to post on social media platforms without those platforms being sued for what users post. If you take that protection away they will "censor" even more people's posts. This is inevitable. I have no idea why republicans think getting rid of section 230 is some great thing for them. The only positive from a republican standpoint maybe that ending section 230 protection might get rid of social media companies, I guess because they'll have to be so restrictive on what people post that people will stop using them.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
lol ok sure. Republicans still believe newspapers are attacking them. They still believe they are being "censored" by the media. Are newspapers sued? LOL Again, section 230 allows people to post on social media platforms without those platforms being sued for what users post. If you take that protection away they will "censor" even more people's posts. This is inevitable. I have no idea why republicans think getting rid of section 230 is some great thing for them. The only positive from a republican standpoint maybe that ending section 230 protection might get rid of social media companies, I guess because they'll have to be so restrictive on what people post that people will stop using them.
You mean they'll have to censor DemWit's posts just like they already censor RePug's posts.

refineryworker05

Well they already "censor" democratic posts just like they already "censor" republican posts. So that's not what trump desires. This will lead to many, many, many, many, many, more posts getting banned. Again, the incentive will be to ban a post to prevent from getting sued.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Well they already "censor" democratic posts just like they already "censor" republican posts. So that's not what trump desires. This will lead to many, many, many, many, many, more posts getting banned. Again, the incentive will be to ban a post to prevent from getting sued.
What universe are you from?
That's just funny as hell ... I don't care who you are!

refineryworker05

Eric Ciaramella
Who the friend is that? I swear republicans believe so many insane conspiracy theories that they believe single obscure individuals control social media platforms and are discriminating against conservatives. I looked him up. I have no idea what he has to do with this discussion, other than he is yet another conspiracy theory for republicans. Instead of conservatives believing this man to be apart of an insane conspiracy theory to ban conservatives on social media platforms, instead this no name individual is apart of an insane conspiracy to take down trump. LOL

Last edited: