President Trump

refineryworker05

You're uninformed.
Proving my point.
a person can't just say oh the president did something wrong, and that is believed without an investigation into the evidence. I have no idea why conservatives believe these insane conspiracies that a single unknown man was trying to take down trump, and then pretend other people are trying to suppress the truth because they don't see any evidence for conservative's insane conspiracies.

vantexan

lol ok sure. Republicans still believe newspapers are attacking them. They still believe they are being "censored" by the media. Are newspapers sued? LOL Again, section 230 allows people to post on social media platforms without those platforms being sued for what users post. If you take that protection away they will "censor" even more people's posts. This is inevitable. I have no idea why republicans think getting rid of section 230 is some great thing for them. The only positive from a republican standpoint maybe that ending section 230 protection might get rid of social media companies, I guess because they'll have to be so restrictive on what people post that people will stop using them.
You aren't very bright, huh? Remember Richard Jewell? Falsely accused of being the Atlanta Olympics bomber. Newspapers and tv networks paid out millions because of what they falsely claimed about him. Remember Nicholas Sandmann, the kid accused by national media of being a racist, etc? He's already won large settlements because of what various media outlets said. If social media companies go beyond being a platform and do things like censor news stories, etc, they should be held accountable by those injured in the same way newspapers and networks are. But they aren't.

vantexan

The reality based one. there is zero proof from reputable sources that republicans gets "censored" by social media platforms more than Democrats.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google suppressed the NY Post Hunter Biden laptop story before the election. That's censorship, which social media companies under section 230 are getting away with. Is that the kind of country you want, censorship by our media to benefit one party over another?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
trump had 4 years and now wants to tie this into a relief package? He is only doing this for himself due to some conspiracy theory that he is going to get cancelled on social media on Jan 21.

no_map_needed

Is tiktok a national security threat, to trump? Is there too much pork in the total package deal, for trump? What is trumps intention of trying to repeal section 230 at this moment in time?

Last edited:

refineryworker05

You aren't very bright, huh? Remember Richard Jewell? Falsely accused of being the Atlanta Olympics bomber. Newspapers and tv networks paid out millions because of what they falsely claimed about him. Remember Nicholas Sandmann, the kid accused by national media of being a racist, etc? He's already won large settlements because of what various media outlets said. If social media companies go beyond being a platform and do things like censor news stories, etc, they should be held accountable by those injured in the same way newspapers and networks are. But they aren't.
Lol you really don't understand the difference between say facebook and a newspaper? So newspapers pay people called reporters or columinists to produce whats in the newspaper, they have an editorial process a legal process to review all whats put in the newspaper.

Facebook doesn't produce content, individual users of facebook produce content. That means facebook doesn't have an editorial process over what its users post and they reason facebook can exist in this way is because of section 230. If you take that away and make facebook legally responsible for anything any user puts on facebook, then facebook will ban a lot more content from users.

As far as those "lawsuits", what good have they done from the perspective of republicans? Do republicans trust the reality based media? No, do republicans still believe the reality based media is against them yes.

no_map_needed

Lol you really don't understand the difference between say facebook and a newspaper? So newspapers pay people called reporters or columinists to produce whats in the newspaper, they have an editorial process a legal process to review all whats put in the newspaper.

Facebook doesn't produce content, individual users of facebook produce content. That means facebook doesn't have an editorial process over what its users post and they reason facebook can exist in this way is because of section 230. If you take that away and make facebook legally responsible for anything any user puts on facebook, then facebook will ban a lot more content from users.

As far as those "lawsuits", what good have they done from the perspective of republicans? Do republicans trust the reality based media? No, do republicans still believe the reality based media is against them yes.

Trump just thinks if he gets section 230 repealed then they won't be legally allowed to flag his posts.

no_map_needed

From fox business:

President Trump launched his latest attack against Twitter on Christmas Eve, accusing the company of "going wild with their flags" and "trying hard to suppress even the truth," referring to his continued baseless claims of voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

"Just shows how dangerous they are, purposely stifling free speech. Very dangerous for our country," Trump added. "Does Congress know that this is how Communism starts? Cancel Culture at its worst."

lol
But but but Hunterrrrr. I would've won if Hunterrrrr.

I'm pretty sure it was Barr not facebook or twitter i'll leave it at that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
From fox business:

President Trump launched his latest attack against Twitter on Christmas Eve, accusing the company of "going wild with their flags" and "trying hard to suppress even the truth," referring to his continued baseless claims of voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

"Just shows how dangerous they are, purposely stifling free speech. Very dangerous for our country," Trump added. "Does Congress know that this is how Communism starts? Cancel Culture at its worst."

lol
But but but Hunterrrrr. I would've won if Hunterrrrr.

I'm pretty sure it was Barr not facebook or twitter i'll leave it at that.
Facebook Twitter and Google censored negative news about Democrats. That is objective fact.