President Trump

newfie

They'll be more "censoring" without section 230. I have no idea what's not to get about that. Section 230 protects these social media platforms from being sued by what their users post. Eliminate that protection and those social media companies will clamp down even more.
are you a legal expert? not but i did post on the browncafe

newfie

a person can't just say oh the president did something wrong, and that is believed without an investigation into the evidence. I have no idea why conservatives believe these insane conspiracies that a single unknown man was trying to take down trump, and then pretend other people are trying to suppress the truth because they don't see any evidence for conservative's insane conspiracies.
a better target of your criticism would be hillary who had a different conspiracy of her defeats every month of every year . but then you would have to bash a democrat

refineryworker05

Let me help you out here ...

Republicans' biggest motivation is they don't trust Democrats.

Democrats' biggest motivation is they don't trust Republicans.

All the rest is BS.
This is partly wrong. The people protesting police violence aren't doing it because they don't trust republicans. that doesn't motivate their political action. The people pushing for the $15 dollar minimum wage, or a public health insurance option or medicare for all, or a green new deal, aren't pursuing those goals because they don't trust republicans

Yes republican voters are deeply motivated by hatred/fear/distrust of other Americans and that hatred/fear/distrust guides them not to really care about policy and to want the republican party to constantly give them fear based stories about the all powerful left out to destroy them and America, but democratic constituencies want their political issues addressed. I can assure you the people I know you are working on homelessness or who want black children to get equal educational opportunities as other Americans, who want black business owners to get access to capital, or to reform the criminal justice system aren't motivated to pursue those goals because they don't trust republicans. They actually care about those policy outcomes.

You just hit on a key difference that I have articulated between republican and democratic voters.

refineryworker05

These are for the most part 'Values & Cultures' that The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture identified as traits, such as “hard work,” “self-reliance,” “delayed gratification,” being on time, and politeness, that are common to successful people.
I know where that came from, but who cares? There aren't any ideological litmus tests to be considered an American citizen. That kind of stuff only exists in authoritarian nations.

refineryworker05

Again, you aren't very bright. Twitter, Facebook, and Google censored the Hunter Biden laptop story. At that point they are no longer just a platform but are also an editor. Thus they should lose their protected status. If you don't get that, or why censorship is wrong, then you can't be helped.
lol, again conservatives just love these conspiracies/stories of an all powerful left, that controls the media and big tech and can prevent stories from getting published. They really want to believe this insane bs, that twitter, and facebook, and google are out to get republicans and are doing the bidding of the left. Insane. This is the stuff that republican elected officials feed republican voters because they can't talk about their unpopular public policies, and this is what republican voters want, wild conspiracy theories about an all powerful left controlling everything in America.

refineryworker05

your libs dont want to eliminate it because censored users could sue . everyone knows the media is only censoring the right
No they won't be able to sue. You don't have a right to post on twitter or facebook, just like you don't have right to write for the Washington post or the New York Times. They'd be under no legal obligation to allow you to post on their website. LOL

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Let me help you out here ...

Republicans' biggest motivation is they don't trust Democrats.

Democrats' biggest motivation is they don't trust Republicans.

All the rest is BS.
This is partly wrong. The people protesting police violence aren't doing it because they don't trust republicans. that doesn't motivate their political action. The people pushing for the $15 dollar minimum wage, or a public health insurance option or medicare for all, or a green new deal, aren't pursuing those goals because they don't trust republicans

Yes republican voters are deeply motivated by hatred/fear/distrust of other Americans and that hatred/fear/distrust guides them not to really care about policy and to want the republican party to constantly give them fear based stories about the all powerful left out to destroy them and America, but democratic constituencies want their political issues addressed. I can assure you the people I know you are working on homelessness or who want black children to get equal educational opportunities as other Americans, who want black business owners to get access to capital, or to reform the criminal justice system aren't motivated to pursue those goals because they don't trust republicans. They actually care about those policy outcomes.

You just hit on a key difference that I have articulated between republican and democratic voters.
That's so goofy ... you are totally blind to your own faults yet you see everyone else's! LOL

It's all the same goodball!

refineryworker05

That's so goofy ... you are totally blind to your own faults yet you see everyone else's! LOL

It's all the same goodball!
Yeah, I know you have no rebuttal, so name calling time. Look you put out an idea you sincerely believe that republican and democratic voters are both motivated by distrust of the other. I agree with you that republican voters really are motivated by hatred/fear/distrust, but that democratic constituencies are motivated by the policy issues that they want addressed, like criminal justice reform, less police violence, or addressing climate change, or giving equal educational opportunities to black children, or a $15 minimum wage, or a public health insurance option. Wanting policies/issues addressed has nothing to do with distrusting republicans.

refineryworker05

Damn you are one dumb mother!
name calling. maybe you forgot what you posted, but your post said Trump is for all americans! however, if you don't agree with most of the values in the chart below, you are not an American!

That's what you posted. You are clearly saying some Americans aren't Americans. I don't know why you seem to be confused, but ok.

vantexan

lol, again conservatives just love these conspiracies/stories of an all powerful left, that controls the media and big tech and can prevent stories from getting published. They really want to believe this insane bs, that twitter, and facebook, and google are out to get republicans and are doing the bidding of the left. Insane. This is the stuff that republican elected officials feed republican voters because they can't talk about their unpopular public policies, and this is what republican voters want, wild conspiracy theories about an all powerful left controlling everything in America.
Documented fact that the Hunter Biden story was censored. The NY Post isn't a conservative paper but they do have journalistic integrity. They reported the truth and it wasn't allowed on numerous platforms plus was touted as Russian misinformation by some. They are now starting to report on it some but the damage was done. No conspiracy theory, just typical Left wing propaganda.

vantexan

No they won't be able to sue. You don't have a right to post on twitter or facebook, just like you don't have right to write for the Washington post or the New York Times. They'd be under no legal obligation to allow you to post on their website. LOL
Why are you afraid of social media losing their protected status? If everything is legit then they have nothing to worry about.

refineryworker05

Documented fact that the Hunter Biden story was censored. The NY Post isn't a conservative paper but they do have journalistic integrity. They reported the truth and it wasn't allowed on numerous platforms plus was touted as Russian misinformation by some. They are now starting to report on it some but the damage was done. No conspiracy theory, just typical Left wing propaganda.
Again, republicans really want to believe these insane conspiracies of an all powerful left, controlling everything. Twitter, facebook, google all do the bidding of the left to destroy the right, the reality based media all do the bidding of the left to destroy the right. This is what republican elected officials feed republican voters. a fact based story about trump's criminal behavior, well you can't believe that story because its in the new York times and Washington post, or its on facebook and they are all out to get trump and us. Some insane conspiracy about a single individual taking down trump and getting him impeached that the reality based media won't cover cause it fiction, well that story is real, but the all powerful left is suppressing it. Over and over again republican voters want to hear stories of an all powerful left controlling everything that is out to destroy them. It is how they understand public life in America.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
name calling. maybe you forgot what you posted, but your post said Trump is for all americans! however, if you don't agree with most of the values in the chart below, you are not an American!

That's what you posted. You are clearly saying some Americans aren't Americans. I don't know why you seem to be confused, but ok.
OK ... I'm tired of fooling with you.
The implication is one can be a citizen but not be an American. Geez

refineryworker05

Why are you afraid of social media losing their protected status? If everything is legit then they have nothing to worry about.
I said democrats should have traded that 230 protection for the $2000 stimulus checks, because it wouldn't help republicans and everyone would be begging for it to be reinstated. I am merely explaining what I think 230 does which is protect social media/websites from being sued for what their users post, which encourages social media companies allow a lot of insane posts on their websites, but if you take away that protection, then they will delete even more posts, they'll have even more stringent requirements in order to post, it'll ruin these websites for users, but it won't help republicans, because right now republicans can sue the media and right now republicans believe they media is out to get them and suppresses stories, prints propaganda against republicans, etc.