President Trump

vantexan

Why do you think Michael Cohen is in prison? Paying off women with campaign funds was illegal. It was an illegal act committed at the direction of Trump.
Most of what he got in trouble for was tax evasion. And he denied in court that Trump directed him. The payoff was only considered campaign funds because it benefited the candidate. Meanwhile Hunter Biden admitted to taking millions as the vice-president's son and his laptop confirmed they were peddling influence and y'all yawn.

refineryworker05

You only focus on Republicans. You can't seem to grasp how this affects everyone. And I'm wasting energy trying to improve your comprehension. And you go on about Republicans believing conspiracy theories then you start spouting conspiracy theories. Let's make this clear...If you can prove Trump is corrupt then nail him to the wall. And I expect you to do the same with Biden.
republican elected officials at the national level are corrupt, they repeatedly have national scandals that highlight their corruption and bad policy ideas, their presidential administrations are filled with criminal activity with multiple indictments and convictions, they are terrible for the economy, the last three republican presidents ending their terms with the economy much worse off than what they inherited, their policies don't help anyone at the national level and are unpopular and their voters do believe a bunch of delusional conspiracy theories about American public life that enables republicans to be so radical. You believe the reality based media and big tech all suppressed a story about Hunter Biden because they are tools of the left. That's insane. conservatives believe that the "deep state" in the fbi, the cia, the DOJ, etc are all out to get trump, that's insane. republican voters believe that the deep state stole the election from trump and yet nothing can be proven in court. that's insane. republican voters believe that Hollywood, big tech, the reality based media, academia are all out to get republicans. That's an insane mainstream republican voter belief.

Democrats have huge problems. Massive problems, but not those kind of fundamental problems. The republican party is a drag on America and hurts the nation. Again look at how the nation has faired under the last 3 republican presidents, It wasn't good.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
republican elected officials at the national level are corrupt, they repeatedly have national scandals that highlight their corruption and bad policy ideas, their presidential administrations are filled with criminal activity with multiple indictments and convictions, they are terrible for the economy, the last three republican presidents ending their terms with the economy much worse off than what they inherited, their policies don't help anyone at the national level and are unpopular and their voters do believe a bunch of delusional conspiracy theories about American public life that enables republicans to be so radical. You believe the reality based media and big tech all suppressed a story about Hunter Biden because they are tools of the left. That's insane. conservatives believe that the "deep state" in the fbi, the cia, the DOJ, etc are all out to get trump, that's insane. republican voters believe that the deep state stole the election from trump and yet nothing can be proven in court. that's insane. republican voters believe that Hollywood, big tech, the reality based media, academia are all out to get republicans. That's an insane mainstream republican voter belief.

Democrats have huge problems. Massive problems, but not those kind of fundamental problems. The republican party is a drag on America and hurts the nation. Again look at how the nation has faired under the last 3 republican presidents, It wasn't good.
Tldr

vantexan

OK, name the Republican corruption at the national level.

refineryworker05

OK, name the Republican corruption at the national level.
Iran Contra which led to well over 10 people being indicted and convicted, The HUD scandal under Reagan in which 6-7 people were indicted and some convicted. The saving and loans failure where Reagan deregulated savings and loans and bunch of them failed and we had to bail them out in the billions. And the GHBush pardons all the criminals in the Reagan administration.
The Jack Abramoff scandal in which like 7 members of the GWBush administration were convicted, the Valarie Plame incident which resulted in scooter libby being convicted and which was really about GWBush lying us into the war in Iraq, then trump there is the Russia investigation in which like 6 people in his administration were indicted and some convicted. In the Obama and Clinton administrations for example there may have been 1 or 2 people indicted and none convicted.

refineryworker05

Orange man bad.
That doesn't even touch the national failures. Under Reagan, he went after unions weakening them. In the early 2000's I used to work for two railroads Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern, Reagan declared us essential to the US economy and that meant our unions can't strike. Amended to add that I was wrong about Reagan and the railroads, this is what I was told at the time and I never independently looked it up. The reason why we couldn't strike had nothing to do with Reagan and was because of the Railway Labor Act. But in general Reagan did go after labor unions, and those are the kinds of actions that lowered worker pay across the board, plus all the wars Reagan fought in South America and we armed Bin laden, Under GHBush we had a recession and then a jobless recovery, under GWBush we had the largest terrorist attack on American soil, the failed Iraq War, the failed war on terror, the failed response to hurricane Katrina and the largest recession since the great depression. Under trump we saw his failure to handle the Puerto Rican hurricane, the terrible response to Coronavirus, America has 5% of the world's population and 20% of the world's covid deaths, the huge loss of jobs based on his failures in handling coronavirus, the Ukraine scandal which led to his impeachment and trump's financial corruption of taking money directly from foreign governments.

This is all an abysmal record of failure by 4 republican presidents. And I Didn't even mention Nixon which had Ford sandwiched in between the last 4 republican presidents. Objectively republicans are terrible at being president and leave the nation worse off.

Last edited:

vantexan

Iran Contra which led to well over 10 people being indicted and convicted, The HUD scandal under Reagan in which 6-7 people were indicted and some convicted. The saving and loans failure where Reagan deregulated savings and loans and bunch of them failed and we had to bail them out in the billions. And the GHBush pardons all the criminals in the Reagan administration.
The Jack Abramoff scandal in which like 7 members of the GWBush administration were convicted, the Valarie Plame incident which resulted in scooter libby being convicted and which was really about GWBush lying us into the war in Iraq, then trump there is the Russia investigation in which like 6 people in his administration were indicted and some convicted. In the Obama and Clinton administrations for example there may have been 1 or 2 people indicted and none convicted.
Is that all you've got?

refineryworker05

Is that all you've got?
LOL, that's a lot. how many policy failures from the last 4 republicans presidents do I have to list? How many indictments from these presidencies count as too many? Compare that to Carter, Clinton and Obama, they had maybe 4 or 5 people indicted combined and none convicted I think. With Obama having zero on both counts versus dozens and dozens of people in the Reagan, GWBush and Trump administration being indicted and convicted. I'd say one counts as a real issue, but evidently for republican presidents getting 20-80 people in their presidential administrations and campaigns indicted with many convicted is no big deal. Tell me again how you are against government corruption.

vantexan

LOL, that's a lot. how many policy failures from the last 4 republicans presidents do I have to list? How many indictments from these presidencies count as too many? Compare that to Carter, Clinton and Obama, they had maybe 4 or 5 people indicted combined and none convicted I think. With Obama having zero on both counts versus dozens and dozens of people in the Reagan, GWBush and Trump administration being indicted and convicted. I'd say one counts as a real issue, but evidently for republican presidents getting 20-80 people in their presidential administrations and campaigns indicted with many convicted is no big deal. Tell me again how you are against government corruption.
Is that all you've got?

newfie

This is partly wrong. The people protesting police violence aren't doing it because they don't trust republicans. that doesn't motivate their political action. The people pushing for the $15 dollar minimum wage, or a public health insurance option or medicare for all, or a green new deal, aren't pursuing those goals because they don't trust republicans

Yes republican voters are deeply motivated by hatred/fear/distrust of other Americans and that hatred/fear/distrust guides them not to really care about policy and to want the republican party to constantly give them fear based stories about the all powerful left out to destroy them and America, but democratic constituencies want their political issues addressed. I can assure you the people I know you are working on homelessness or who want black children to get equal educational opportunities as other Americans, who want black business owners to get access to capital, or to reform the criminal justice system aren't motivated to pursue those goals because they don't trust republicans. They actually care about those policy outcomes.

You just hit on a key difference that I have articulated between republican and democratic voters.
democratic spin that failed to address the democrats dont trust republicans part of the quote you quoted. more jibberish. I hope you dig better ditch's than you do spin DNC talking points.

newfie

I said democrats should have traded that 230 protection for the $2000 stimulus checks, because it wouldn't help republicans and everyone would be begging for it to be reinstated. I am merely explaining what I think 230 does which is protect social media/websites from being sued for what their users post, which encourages social media companies allow a lot of insane posts on their websites, but if you take away that protection, then they will delete even more posts, they'll have even more stringent requirements in order to post, it'll ruin these websites for users, but it won't help republicans, because right now republicans can sue the media and right now republicans believe they media is out to get them and suppresses stories, prints propaganda against republicans, etc.
and a third time. lot of bandwith to make an argument you're not legally qualified to make.

newfie

only conservatives go on rants while democrats are always cool and calm . Lin Wood is right about Roberts .