President Trump

El Correcto

god is dead
first its trade wars, then its world war.
giphy.gif

BrownArmy

Be patient.

I would be patient if the strategy you imply made any sense.

It doesn’t.

Steel tariffs hurt our alies, hurt more domestic manufacturers than help the domestic steel industry, and do little to disrupt China.

China has been relatively mute on these proposed tariffs...they’re playing a long game of chess, Trump is playing checkers.

It will be fine

I would be patient if the strategy you imply made any sense.

It doesn’t.

Steel tariffs hurt our alies, hurt more domestic manufacturers than help the domestic steel industry, and do little to disrupt China.

China has been relatively mute on these proposed tariffs...they’re playing a long game of chess, Trump is playing checkers.
How does Trump think this plays out? If raw materials cost more in America why wouldn't companies shift more production to Mexico where there aren't these silly taxes on steel? Raising prices on American consumers and pushing more manufacturing off shore, what's not to like?

BrownArmy

And Trump will win.

How so?

China runs a tight ship...the kind of control Trump dreams he had.

Xi Jinping has basically nailed down the position of ‘Emperor’.

Xi will outlast and out-play Trump, and likely the next two or three US Presidents.

Look how Xi played the Donald...gave him a ‘special’ viewing of the Imperial Palace, threw him a Parade, lots of glitter and gold.

Lord knows the Donald loves a parade.

Sorry, DJT is a legend in his own mind, Xi Jinping is a legend in the making.

Aside from the notion that Trump’s policies are actually strengthening China’s global position.

I read a lot of Sci-Fi fiction, and some of the more compelling narratives are based on China becoming the dominant world power.

You’re literally watching it happen.

You’re old and retired...

Maybe I should teach my six-month old Mandarin.