President Trump

Catatonic

Nine Lives
everyone cheats on the oppressive rules of golf in some way. :)
I played golf seriously for 12 years and got tired of all the rules.
I thought golf was a game for cheaters with all it's rules.
Tennis is much better, you can get all the rules on a single page.
Golf rules is a frigging book.

moreluck

golden ticket member
tennis is too much running......a neighborhood near us is anchored with a tennis club.....those old folks park in the handicapped spaces at the grocery store, in their tennis togs, on the way to their tennis matches...........

bbsam

Staff member
I think golfs cheating is in two categories.

First is on the course. Improving lie of the ball, lie about how many strokes, lie that the ball you just hit was the original that didn’t go into the water after all, not taking penalty strokes, taking “mulligans”...on and on it goes.

The second is in the gear. There seems to be no regulations into how long a club can be, how big the head can be, the materials used in clubs and balls. The entire industry is about taking the crappy play out of the player rather than the player honing his skill.

Of course that could all be marketing. Frustratingly fun game though.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

First is on the course. Improving lie of the ball, lie about how many strokes, lie that the ball you just hit was the original that didn’t go into the water after all, not taking penalty strokes, taking “mulligans”...on and on it goes.

The second is in the gear. There seems to be no regulations into how long a club can be, how big the head can be, the materials used in clubs and balls. The entire industry is about taking the crappy play out of the player rather than the player honing his skill.

It's a good retirement game for sure.
I know guys that get to the course around 8 - 9 a.m. and get home around 5-6 p.m.
I'm sure the wives appreciate it too.

moreluck

golden ticket member

14 clubs in a tournament or they'll throw your a@@ out!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's a good retirement game for sure.
I know guys that get to the course around 8 - 9 a.m. and get home around 5-6 p.m.
I'm sure the wives appreciate it too.
My hubby golfs 4 days a week....6:15-6:30 tee time and is usually home by 11. I like having the mornings by myself, so it works OK for us.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
14 clubs in a tournament or they'll throw your a@@ out!!
I usually had about 20 in my bag but typically only used 8 or so.
I remember playing with a guy that carried only 3 clubs and he was about a ~10 handicap.
I got down to a 7 handicap at my best but was about a 13 -15 handicap usually.
I remember when I started playing golf, I got lessons and I hit about a thousand balls a week for 4 months.
The first round of golf I played was an 86 ... it got worse before it got better.
Golf is a head game.
In tennis, you just hit the ball hard and if you screw up, you have at least 3 more points in the game.

rod

Retired 23 years

I thought fisherman were big liars until I played golf---golfers win hands down.

rod

Retired 23 years
What's the Donald been up to? I haven't paid any attention to the news for a few days now. Is he still President or did that impeachment thing happen yet?