President Trump

BrownArmy

Another thing to consider is Mueller was supposed to be investigating Russian collusion. That's not being investigated now. If there's no collusion then Trump couldn't be obstructing justice firing Comey which was his right to do.

And Clinton got impeached for a blue dress even though the initial investigation was about Whitewater.

Refresh yourself with Mueller’s initial mandate.

vantexan

Here’s the operative phrase:

"...and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation..."
How is trying to strong arm Manafort and Flynn matters that arose from the investigation? And it was discovered Clinton lied under oath. They didn't pressure him into saying something they could twist. It was discovered afterward. Clinton was a licensed lawyer, an officer of the court. He had a legal obligation to answer truthfully. He thought he could control the situation and that was his undoing. A bit different than trying to trap Trump into saying something.

It will be fine

Another thing to consider is Mueller was supposed to be investigating Russian collusion. That's not being investigated now. If there's no collusion then Trump couldn't be obstructing justice firing Comey which was his right to do.

'It's all about collusion': Former Trump adviser details interview with Mueller team

"The investigators at the special counsel's office are following leads all the way to the end," Caputo told ABC News' Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas in an interview Wednesday. "But they have a very clear direction in their question. It's all about collusion."

oldngray

nowhere special
How is trying to strong arm Manafort and Flynn matters that arose from the investigation? And it was discovered Clinton lied under oath. They didn't pressure him into saying something they could twist. It was discovered afterward. Clinton was a licensed lawyer, an officer of the court. He had a legal obligation to answer truthfully. He thought he could control the situation and that was his undoing. A bit different than trying to trap Trump into saying something.

The law was different when Clinton was investigated. Mueller is more limited in what he can do now.

It was changed to prevent out of control investigations like Mueller is attempting.

BrownArmy

It’s usually not the crime that gets ya, it’s the coverup.

Charges against Flynn and Manafort come out of this investigation.

Mueller is a ferocious prosecutor, who by the way was highly regarded by everyone from both parties before all this nonsense.

Trump’s conduct initiated the creation of the Special Counsel in the first place.

Mueller’s a prosecutor, dude’s gonna prosecute, it’s not only his job, it’s just his deal- he’s very good at what he does, he’s fair, he’s honest, he’s Captain :censored2: America.

(In the sense of the original comic books: Cap is honest to a fault and Mthrfkn loves America...)

As a prosecutor, in an investigation, obviously you want to interview the central player.

Funny how the narrative is that Mueller is ‘deep-state’ and just out to get Trump no matter what, that’s crap.

oldngray

nowhere special

Mueller is a ferocious prosecutor, who by the way was highly regarded by everyone from both parties before all this nonsense.

Trump’s conduct initiated the creation of the Special Counsel in the first place.

Mueller’s a prosecutor, dude’s gonna prosecute, it’s not only his job, it’s just his deal- he’s very good at what he does, he’s fair, he’s honest, he’s Captain :censored2: America.

(In the sense of the original comic books: Cap is honest to a fault and Mthrfkn loves America...)

As a prosecutor, in an investigation, obviously you want to interview the central player.

Funny how the narrative is that Mueller is ‘deep-state’ and just out to get Trump no matter what, that’s crap.

Mueller's job is to be an investigator. Not a prosecutor. He was a ferocious prosecutor. So much so that some of his cases got overturned because of his behavior. Kind of goes against the argument for him being highly regarded by all.

vantexan

Mueller had many failures at the FBI. And everyone on his team was a Hillary supporter. This is a partisan witch hunt by bureaucrats protecting their turf. As in fear of what Trump would do to Washington.

vantexan

The law was different when Clinton was investigated. Mueller is more limited in what he can do now.

It was changed to prevent out of control investigations like Mueller is attempting.
My understanding is that it was Justice Department rules upheld under Clinton. Rules that Mueller is bound to follow, which he isn't.

oldngray

nowhere special
My understanding is that it was Justice Department rules upheld under Clinton. Rules that Mueller is bound to follow, which he isn't.

In 1999, however, Congress let the special prosecutor law expire and set up new rules for the attorney general to appoint a special counsel.

Under the current law, the special counsel's focus is somewhat more limited, with the scope of the investigation set by the attorney general and confined to investigating criminal matters.
Here's what the new special counsel can — and can't — do with his investigation

Which brings up the importance of the judge seeing the original unredacted memo Mueller got authorizing his investigation. Which would clearly define the limits Mueller was supposed to operate under.

BrownArmy

My guess is at least a half dozen people will be prosecuted for conspiracy to bring down a presidency.

When Mueller is doing his job, and he finds evidence of illegality, what’s his role?

Do you think Flynn and Manafort et.al are innocent? Cohen? Is he innocent? The judge that approved the no-knock warrant in Cohens’ case saw the evidence.

Point being, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mueller’s investigation vindicates Trump vis-a-vis purposeful collusion with the ‘Russians’.

But if a cop pulls me over for speeding, and I have an underage girl tied up and hand-cuffed in my back seat, think the cop will look the other way, because, you know, the initial cause was speeding?

Lulz

oldngray

nowhere special
When Mueller is doing his job, and he finds evidence of illegality, what’s his role?

Do you think Flynn and Manafort et.al are innocent? Cohen? Is he innocent? The judge that approved the no-knock warrant in Cohens’ case saw the evidence.

Point being, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mueller’s investigation vindicates Trump vis-a-vis purposeful collusion with the ‘Russians’.

But if a cop pulls me over for speeding, and I have an underage girl tied up and hand-cuffed in my back seat, think the cop will look the other way, because, you know, the initial cause was speeding?

Lulz

If Mueller finds evidence of a crime outside the scope of his investigation he can refer it to a regular prosecutor but he can't prosecute that case as part of his special investigation.