President Trump

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh yeah!
That was the Fuji I was talking about.
A lot of really good photographers own this camera.
If I were buying now, that would be the one.
APS-c sensor and 24 MP and usable ISO up to 52k.
This is the equivalent of a DSLR camera and better than some.

I have an old Fuji 35mm camera and looked at the prices of a new digital and had sticker shock. They are still very nice cameras.

vantexan

Can be argued that it is happening now. Some Republicans in congress are looking to start impeachment against Mr. Rosenstein.
Mr. Rosenstein is stalling on sending over subpoenaed documents. And has been for awhile. Contempt of Congress is a crime. And Congress has oversight power over the intelligence services including the FBI. It's their right to see any documents they demand to see if they're on the oversight committee.

bbsam

Staff member
Mr. Rosenstein is stalling on sending over subpoenaed documents. And has been for awhile. Contempt of Congress is a crime. And Congress has oversight power over the intelligence services including the FBI. It's their right to see any documents they demand to see if they're on the oversight committee.
Not if they can’t be trusted not to interfere with the investigation.

Face it. Congress is asserting a right to impede an ongoing investigation. That’s not oversight. More like conspiracy to obstruct.

vantexan

Not if they can’t be trusted not to interfere with the investigation.

Face it. Congress is asserting a right to impede an ongoing investigation. That’s not oversight. More like conspiracy to obstruct.
They are investigating malfeasance at the highest levels. It is their right. That's the very essence of oversight. As for the Mueller investigation, what crime are they investigating? By the way, if they do try to indict Trump on something they can't. He doesn't have to submit to a subpoena either. The only body with the power to remove a sitting president is Congress.

bbsam

Staff member
They are investigating malfeasance at the highest levels. It is their right. That's the very essence of oversight. As for the Mueller investigation, what crime are they investigating? By the way, if they do try to indict Trump on something they can't. He doesn't have to submit to a subpoena either. The only body with the power to remove a sitting president is Congress.
You are regurgitating bunk.

Look at how far up Trump’s butt Nunes’ nose is. Has been from day one. No way an independent justice department complies with requests or subpoenas from them.

Maybe Trump will grow a pair and fire the whole department and end his presidency instead of having a bunch of congressional chucks keep spouting their faux outrage.

vantexan

You are regurgitating bunk.

Look at how far up Trump’s butt Nunes’ nose is. Has been from day one. No way an independent justice department complies with requests or subpoenas from them.

Maybe Trump will grow a pair and fire the whole department and end his presidency instead of having a bunch of congressional chucks keep spouting their faux outrage.
Nope, they have constitutional oversight and have every right. If not, why is Rosenstein saying he'll send it over but keeps stalling? Speaking of who has power to do what, that Federal judge the other day pointed out Mueller has gone way beyond his mandate. The case against Manafort for example. Has nothing to do with Russian collusion. It was a thirteen year old tax case that Manafort was cleared on but Mueller reopened. FBI agents are saying they saw no evidence of deception concerning Flynn but McCabe put pressure on them to say he lied. This is all made up B.S. and the soon to come OIG report will spell it out.

BrownArmy

He doesn't have to submit to a subpoena either. The only body with the power to remove a sitting president is Congress.

That hasn’t been fully adjudicated yet.

Nixon resigned before his subpoena became an issue, and Clinton’s subpoena was withdrawn when he agreed to voluntarily testify.

If Mueller subpoenas Trump, it will likely get fast-tracked to the SC.

vantexan

That hasn’t been fully adjudicated yet.

Nixon resigned before his subpoena became an issue, and Clinton’s subpoena was withdrawn when he agreed to voluntarily testify.

If Mueller subpoenas Trump, it will likely get fast-tracked to the SC.
Clinton's subpoena was concerning a civil matter, not a criminal one. And he answered questions via video tape. He did not submit to a grilling in person. And the Justice Department determined in the early 70's that a sitting president can't be indicted for a crime. Only Congress has the power to remove him. That ruling was upheld during Clinton's presidency.

Last edited:

BrownArmy

Clinton's subpoena was concerning a civil matter, not a criminal one. And he answered questions via video tape. He did not submit to a grilling in person. And the Justice Department determined in the late 60's that a sitting president can't be indicted for a crime. Only Congress has the power to remove him. That ruling was upheld during Clinton's presidency.

All of that is correct, my point is there’s no road-map if Mueller subpoenas Trump and Trump refuses.

Straight to a complicated and lengthy legal back and forth, I imagine.

floridays

All of that is correct, my point is there’s no road-map if Mueller subpoenas Trump and Trump refuses.

Trump has already offered to submit to written questions, Mueller refused. Trumps response to a grand jury subpoena should be, go screw yourself, period. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's see Mueller enforce a subpoena, he won't, he knows he can't.

vantexan

Another thing to consider is Mueller was supposed to be investigating Russian collusion. That's not being investigated now. If there's no collusion then Trump couldn't be obstructing justice firing Comey which was his right to do.

vantexan

Trump has already offered to submit to written questions, Mueller refused. Trumps response to a grand jury subpoena should be, go screw yourself, period. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's see Mueller enforce a subpoena, he won't, he knows he can't.
And the questions Mueller just submitted were perjury traps. If Trump answers something incorrectly, or can't remember something, perjury will be claimed. If Mueller had evidence of a crime he wouldn't need to play these games. Trying to create a crime instead.

BrownArmy

I’m not sure that’s correct, we’ll see.

...”The Supreme Court has never directly addressed whether a president can refuse to cooperate in a criminal investigation potentially involving his own conduct. That's because no president has ever fought such a request. But in two other cases, the court has suggested that there's no authority for the president to decline...”

When presidents have been subpoenaed, here's what they've done