President Trump

Box Ox

I will vote for him next time, even if he murders Mueller on 5th Ave or Pennsylvania Ave.

Sounds like a Putin-esque authoritarian style assasination along the lines of Boris Nemtsov’s killing in front of the Kremlin that Trump supporters would indeed love. So it probably wouldn’t hurt Trump’s support from his base.

vantexan

Sounds like a Putin-esque authoritarian style assasination along the lines of Boris Nemtsov’s killing in front of the Kremlin that Trump supporters would indeed love. So it probably wouldn’t hurt Trump’s support from his base.
Well that's just ridiculous.

Box Ox

I will vote for him next time, even if he murders Mueller on 5th Ave or Pennsylvania Ave.

Well that's just ridiculous.

Is it? Truth is, too many Trump supporters would agree with @floridays . And it’s how Putin deals with potential threats to his own power.

This is exactly what Trump was talking about during his campaign regarding the unquestioning loyalty of his followers.

vantexan

Is it? Truth is, too many Trump supporters would agree with @floridays . And it’s how Putin deals with potential threats to his own power.

This is exactly what Trump was talking about during his campaign regarding the unquestioning loyalty of his followers.

Oh come on, if political opponents of Trump started turning up dead most of his base would disappear. Nobody with any sense wants what goes on in Russia or elsewhere.

Box Ox

Oh come on, if political opponents of Trump started turning up dead most of his base would disappear. Nobody with any sense wants what goes on in Russia or elsewhere.

Are you sure? Would Trump’s followers not be loyal to the point of resisting his removal if they don’t agree with damning findings in the Mueller report? Not that we know what the report will say yet. But if it does?

Government buildings and abortion clinics have been targeted by lone fanatics in the past. If Trump’s removal appears imminent, and Trump screams “This is a witch hunt coup! Pick up your arms and defend your President!” I have no doubt that some (who would follow him even if he, as he said, gunned down someone on Fifth Avenue) would set democratic principles to the side and defend their tribe leader and king.

vantexan

Are you sure? Would Trump’s followers not be loyal to the point of resisting his removal if they don’t agree with damning findings in the Mueller report? Not that we know what the report will say yet. But if it does?

Government buildings and abortion clinics have been targeted by lone fanatics in the past. If Trump’s removal appears imminent, and Trump screams “This is a witch hunt coup! Pick up your arms and defend your President!” I have no doubt that some (who would follow him even if he, as he said, gunned down someone on Fifth Avenue) would set democratic principles to the side and defend their tribe leader and king.
There have been people in the Clinton camp who've turned up dead but I don't see Democrats shunning her so maybe it's possible. But no, highly doubtful that Trump would get reelected if there were any assassinations linked to him. A large part of his base are evangelicals, something Hillary couldn't claim. And a large part of his base is the military. Believe it or not they care very much about the Constitution and wouldn't support that kind of insanity.

newfie

I didn't like Obama but I did lose my mind over his presidency

it was a tongue in cheek comment. those of us who don't walk around picking our drawers out of our rear understood it.

BrownArmy

There have been people in the Clinton camp who've turned up dead but I don't see Democrats shunning her so maybe it's possible. But no, highly doubtful that Trump would get reelected if there were any assassinations linked to him. A large part of his base are evangelicals, something Hillary couldn't claim. And a large part of his base is the military. Believe it or not they care very much about the Constitution and wouldn't support that kind of insanity.

So strange that Evangelicals aligned themselves with Trump.

I guess they sold their principles for an SC seat or two.

Sad.