President Trump

newfie

Not sure if you’re serious, but nice.

In essence, we created this problem, and now we want to ‘wash our hands’ of it, like that guy in the Dickens book.

I’m not sure we can have it both ways, but the US of A is pretty good at that, so...

no washing our hands of it was looking the other way while people broke the law and snuck across our border

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Bro, I'm not sure you understand that California has the largest ag industry of any single state in the US. They also export the the most of any state in the US. Ttku.
I said that. And California is also the second largest state (not counting Alaska due to its unfavorable climate). It's more topographically diverse than Texas which gives it an advantage over that state, (same way Peru is a powerhouse for South America). So it should export a ton, and given that the vast majority of its population lives on the coast, there's plenty of land to produce.
The whole point of this dialogue was that middle America, not a single state, but combined, is a world feeder. Veg's and citrus and nuts are good but people survive off grain, off legumes, rice....

BrownArmy

no washing our hands of it was looking the other way while people broke the law and snuck across our border

When I say ‘we want to wash our hands of it’, what do you think I mean?

Literally, what do you think I’m saying?

I’m only asking because I say things, and you respond with answers to seemingly different things.

You were a tough kid to raise, weren’t ya?

BrownArmy

Yep
Feeling like Pontius Pilate tonight!

oKMQiBlPDye36rl0SEMwWSI2QqVoBoGPIiPmRt0GMJY.png

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Not disputing that. But the world LIVES off of produce.
World lives off a lot of things. And is grain not produce?

I kinda don't like grain. I'm half Sicilian so its a big part of my make up. I love stuffed shells. I have a cousin who makes a ridiculously amazing seafood lasagna with pesto. I love really great bread. But I can go without that for long periods of time and get the good stuff.
My diet is Turkey, beef (which is largely free for me), seafood, mushrooms, and veggies and fruits in season. In the dead of winter, I grow microgreens indoors. It's easy, awesome, and delicious. I've grown broccoli sprouts, sunflower shoots, pea shoots, and more. It's a sandwich/taco filler or salad. Also got an indoor hydro set up for tomatoes, and occasionally other things. Got an outdoor herb garden, my neighbor's got a 100 sq ft legit garden.
I used to have a major garden like that growing up. We gave half our stuff away and it still lasted into winter. It's a lot easier to grow food than people think.
This was more or less instilled in my family when my grandparents came over in the 1920s and were hit by the Depression years later. They didn't become millionaires but they built a really good name for themselves at that time because they were able to help people out with food.

MAKAVELI

World lives off a lot of things. And is grain not produce?

I kinda don't like grain. I'm half Sicilian so its a big part of my make up. I love stuffed shells. I have a cousin who makes a ridiculously amazing seafood lasagna with pesto. I love really great bread. But I can go without that for long periods of time and get the good stuff.
My diet is Turkey, beef (which is largely free for me), seafood, mushrooms, and veggies and fruits in season. In the dead of winter, I grow microgreens indoors. It's easy, awesome, and delicious. I've grown broccoli sprouts, sunflower shoots, pea shoots, and more. It's a sandwich/taco filler or salad. Also got an indoor hydro set up for tomatoes, and occasionally other things. Got an outdoor herb garden, my neighbor's got a 100 sq ft legit garden.
I used to have a major garden like that growing up. We gave half our stuff away and it still lasted into winter. It's a lot easier to grow food than people think.
This was more or less instilled in my family when my grandparents came over in the 1920s and were hit by the Depression years later. They didn't become millionaires but they built a really good name for themselves at that time because they were able to help people out with food.
The vast majority of Americans don't grow their own produce. Ttku

BrownArmy

When I say ‘we want to wash our hands of it’, what do you think I mean?

Literally, what do you think I’m saying?

I’m only asking because I say things, and you respond with answers to seemingly different things.

You were a tough kid to raise, weren’t ya?

Threw the bot off with that one...

:blushing2:

BrownArmy

Yeah, Melania Trump just spoke about it yesterday and before the day was over Kathy Griffin attacked her viciously. Even used the word feckless.

So, your issue is, what?

Melania Trump agrees with DJT that these kids shouldn’t be separated from their parents.

Liberal comedians are making fun because DJT has the power to stop it, but he’s having a hissy-fit vis-a-vis Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.

‘The Donald’ could stop this immediately. He’s clearly upset about it, so’s Melania, what’s the holdup?

vantexan

So, your issue is, what?

Melania Trump agrees with DJT that these kids shouldn’t be separated from their parents.

Liberal comedians are making fun because DJT has the power to stop it, but he’s having a hissy-fit vis-a-vis Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.

‘The Donald’ could stop this immediately. He’s clearly upset about it, so’s Melania, what’s the holdup?
The hold up is Democrats have demagogued the issue rather than come to the negotiating table on immigration. Trump is just not going to let them get away with it.

BrownArmy

you're not liking the answer does not make me a bad kid. it means you struggle with coming up with the correct answer which is why we're having this talk.

So binary.

It’s possible there are two valid opinions/scenarios, one you subscribe to and one that I do.

My opinion, aside from all the rhetoric, is that current actions by our administration are counterproductive and ineffectual, churlish and negligent.

That’s the great thing about opinions, everyone gets to have one!