President Trump

vantexan

Why not use the military slush fund that is off the books and nobody talks about?
The OCO isn't "off the books" and unknown. It's a budget gimmick that all administrations since it's inception have used. Of course you try to put it on Bush but Obama's administration used it as well. But it's a far cry from being a hush, hush, here's some money as they furtively glance at passersby, which is how you seem to want to characterize it. Personally I think we should get out of Afghanistan, it's a constant drain and highly doubtful we'll ever see a real democracy there. Bringing those troops home might keep spending under budget caps and possibly eliminate the need for the OCO. But let's not try to put this on Republican administrations. Both sides are using it.

bbsam

Staff member
The OCO isn't "off the books" and unknown. It's a budget gimmick that all administrations since it's inception have used. Of course you try to put it on Bush but Obama's administration used it as well. But it's a far cry from being a hush, hush, here's some money as they furtively glance at passersby, which is how you seem to want to characterize it. Personally I think we should get out of Afghanistan, it's a constant drain and highly doubtful we'll ever see a real democracy there. Bringing those troops home might keep spending under budget caps and possibly eliminate the need for the OCO. But let's not try to put this on Republican administrations. Both sides are using it.
Yes. Bush began it. Obama used it. Trump may as well too, right? Cuz that what I said when I brought the subject up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wrong, it will end up going to the states, if you want an abortion in TX or SC etc. you’re s out of luck
I'm aware there is an abortion thread elsewhere, but there is an easier way to eliminate them.

Since supporters of abortion deem it an essential procedure, simply legislate that the providers must do it free of charge.
Abortion would immediately be eliminated.

MAKAVELI

I'm aware there is an abortion thread elsewhere, but there is an easier way to eliminate them.

Since supporters of abortion deem it an essential procedure, simply legislate that the providers must do it free of charge.
Abortion would immediately be eliminated.
Are births free of charge?

floridays

Severely taxing imported steel would force our steel production to go up. Now, if only we did that with oil!!! We have more oil in reserve than any other Country. And we are sitting on it. Why?
And the cost to the steel buyer. Us steel producers can now freely raise their prices 24% compared to the lowest foreign price and still be cheaper. The result is higher prices to the initial business and final recipient of any product that includes steel as component or steel as the final product. That is only the beginning of the economic ramifications.
I'd say we aren't sitting on it (oil), demand has driven up the costs for crude, there is a lag between extraction and refinement. The higher cost is associated with the current demand and refining capabilities. The free market. My opinion, I welcome opposing views.

We have no control over the OPEC countries, but I noticed Saudi Arabia has responded to the President's call to increase their extraction of crude. There will still be a lag on when the crude enters the market as refined gas, and prices will reflect that. Higher fuel prices are a result of growing economic conditions and consumption (to the exclusion of California).

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
2d8tub.jpg