President Trump

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Is Puerto Rico Part of the U.S.?

Posted April 30, 2015

pay federal payroll and other taxes. U.S. citizens can travel freely between Puerto Rico and the rest of the U.S. – no passport required. Puerto Rico uses the U.S. dollar for currency.

Sounds like Puerto Rico is part of the U.S., right?

Technically, no. Puerto Rico belongs to the United States. It is a possession of the United States. It is a U.S. territory. But it is an unincorporated territory, and it has not yet been incorporated into the U.S. Therefore, it is not legally a part of the United States. The Supreme Court made this clear in a series of decisions known as the Insular Cases.

It is not foreign, though. A U.S. citizen from Utah who moves to Spain can still vote in U.S. elections with an absentee ballot. If this U.S. citizen becomes a resident of Puerto Rico, however, he or she will not be able to vote with an absentee ballot from Utah, because Puerto Rico is not a foreign country.

In fact, it’s not a country at all. Puerto Rico doesn’t manage its own foreign trade and diplomacy, and the U.S. generally stops it when the island’s government tries to do so. Immigration is also regulated by the U.S.

As a U.S. territory, Puerto Rico is treated like a state under many U.S. laws, but it is not a state. There is no requirement that Puerto Rico be treated equally, and often it is not. Federal funds are often distributed unequally to Puerto Rico, and the people of Puerto Rico don’t have the same access to some tax credits as the people living on the mainland do.

BrownArmy

Posted April 30, 2015

pay federal payroll and other taxes. U.S. citizens can travel freely between Puerto Rico and the rest of the U.S. – no passport required. Puerto Rico uses the U.S. dollar for currency.

Sounds like Puerto Rico is part of the U.S., right?

Technically, no. Puerto Rico belongs to the United States. It is a possession of the United States. It is a U.S. territory. But it is an unincorporated territory, and it has not yet been incorporated into the U.S. Therefore, it is not legally a part of the United States. The Supreme Court made this clear in a series of decisions known as the Insular Cases.

It is not foreign, though. A U.S. citizen from Utah who moves to Spain can still vote in U.S. elections with an absentee ballot. If this U.S. citizen becomes a resident of Puerto Rico, however, he or she will not be able to vote with an absentee ballot from Utah, because Puerto Rico is not a foreign country.

In fact, it’s not a country at all. Puerto Rico doesn’t manage its own foreign trade and diplomacy, and the U.S. generally stops it when the island’s government tries to do so. Immigration is also regulated by the U.S.

As a U.S. territory, Puerto Rico is treated like a state under many U.S. laws, but it is not a state. There is no requirement that Puerto Rico be treated equally, and often it is not. Federal funds are often distributed unequally to Puerto Rico, and the people of Puerto Rico don’t have the same access to some tax credits as the people living on the mainland do.

Why did we even send FEMA down there?

MAKAVELI

Posted April 30, 2015

As a U.S. territory, Puerto Rico is treated like a state under many U.S. laws, but it is not a state.

newfie

It's not even about the media, he says the things he says, and a lot of it isn't true, and it can be fact checked.

He lies about big things, small things, important things, unimportant things...

Trump is a serial-liar.

Every false claim Donald Trump has made as president

President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days

its clear you're in that bucket . you want to believe the worse about him and you'll write the narrative to make that happen.
In the process you lie to yourself worse then Trump could ever lie to you.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And they do not vote for the President!
:censored3:em'!
They are US citizens. They most certainly do. Ttku :censored2:.
You should know better than challenge me ...

Residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories do not have voting representation in the United States Congress, and are not entitled to electoral votes for President. ... Like other territories, Puerto Rico can participate in the presidential primary process.

floridays

You should know better than challenge me ...

Residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories do not have voting representation in the United States Congress, and are not entitled to electoral votes for President. ... Like other territories, Puerto Rico can participate in the presidential primary process.
Like DC citizens.

It will be fine

so you're saying he knew , hired him, then fired him for it. Okie Dokie
Trump fired him when the public found out about his history. Ttku. It’s the same thing he did with Flynn. Hire a scumbag, know everything about his scumbaggery, fire him when the public hears learns about it and act surprised. All while claiming to be a master businessman that only hires the best and knows everything that goes on in his organization.

floridays

Trump fired him when the public found out about his history. Ttku. It’s the same thing he did with Flynn. Hire a scumbag, know everything about his scumbaggery, fire him when the public hears learns about it and act surprised. All while claiming to be a master businessman that only hires the best and knows everything that goes on in his organization.
I respectfully ask you to name one thing about General Flynn that would classify him as a scumbag. You are unhinged, have been from day one on anything concerned with President Trump. I only ask for one thing that would allow you to call General Flynn a scumbag.
You will not be as smug and cocky in the near future,..... my prediction.
I'd suggest you begin to develop the taste for crow, you are closing in on a feast.
Once again, one thing that makes General Flynn a scumbag.

floridays

You're up early on the west coast, gunfire wake you up or just in from a night at the bath house? Don't you like how a conservative frames a question like a lib. No other choices, answer the question.

It will be fine

I respectfully ask you to name one thing about General Flynn that would classify him as a scumbag. You are unhinged, have been from day one on anything concerned with President Trump. I only ask for one thing that would allow you to call General Flynn a scumbag.
I'd suggest you begin to develop the taste for crow, you are closing in on a feast.
He’s implicated in a scheme to kidnap a cleric for the Turkish government.

Flynn reportedly being investigated in cleric kidnap plot

As a member of the NSC he was also an unregistered foreign agent.

Mike Flynn Registered as a Foreign Agent With DOJ for Turkey Work During Trump Campaign

I think a man that works for the interest of a foreign government and hides that fact in order to get a job at the heights of our national security is a scumbag.

floridays

He’s implicated in a scheme to kidnap a cleric for the Turkish government.

Flynn reportedly being investigated in cleric kidnap plot

As a member of the NSC he was also an unregistered foreign agent.

Mike Flynn Registered as a Foreign Agent With DOJ for Turkey Work During Trump Campaign

I think a man that works for the interest of a foreign government and hides that fact in order to get a job at the heights of our national security is a scumbag.
Why no charges, you are too lame. You do understand it is lawful and not by definition make someone a scumbag to be an agent of a foreign nation? I didn't read your offered bs. It did say he was registered in on, and the other said he was being investigated..... reportedly. No charges. No conviction. Continue down your path. You are not a smart girl, and will be extremely disappointed when the washer goes through the rinse cycle and stops. You maybe bright, but it is overshadowed by your hate for all things Trump.

bbsam

Staff member

Obama Warned Trump About Hiring Flynn, Officials Say