President Trump

BrownArmy

4c96ecf036baa533de073a601e0d5012--donald-trump-images-single-parent.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I never thought about this one.
Then here’s something to think about.

Maybe it wasn’t a “plan” as much as it was an attempt to fix something with a “market based” solution. I and many doubt that’s possible. Insurance companies will always have an eye at the bottom line whether or not it’s in the best interest of the patient. Healthcare for profit will always benefit the more affluent and everyone else just has to make due even if that means waiting and going to the emergency room for care and running up astronomically high bills that then get passed on to society.

So if and when society decides it wants real healthcare reform, Obamacare can either be seen as a complete failure that is bad for the economy, a good idea that needs to be fixed, or a complete failure because for profit healthcare is fundamentally flawed, then Americans can decide what path to take.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Then here’s something to think about.

Maybe it wasn’t a “plan” as much as it was an attempt to fix something with a “market based” solution. I and many doubt that’s possible. Insurance companies will always have an eye at the bottom line whether or not it’s in the best interest of the patient. Healthcare for profit will always benefit the more affluent and everyone else just has to make due even if that means waiting and going to the emergency room for care and running up astronomically high bills that then get passed on to society.

So if and when society decides it wants real healthcare reform, Obamacare can either be seen as a complete failure that is bad for the economy, a good idea that needs to be fixed, or a complete failure because for profit healthcare is fundamentally flawed, then Americans can decide what path to take.
I'm not alone when I say what's in place needs big reforms to 1) bring the cost down and 2) to improve access to necessary care. How do we do it?
I look at Ocare not as an idea but at best an attempt to do something that needed done. Overall, it has been bad for the economy and I think has weakened the overall health care system. I know people who have it though, who had nothing before, and because they got Ocare , it actually saved their life.
I don't think single payer will fix either side, health care or cost. It will improve when you are in charge of your own health care and not the government.
Competition, free market, yes..the dreaded word..capitalism baby, will drive premiums down and care up. Double down on market based reforms.. not more government.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not alone when I say what's in place needs big reforms to 1) bring the cost down and 2) to improve access to necessary care. How do we do it?
I look at Ocare not as an idea but at best an attempt to do something that needed done. Overall, it has been bad for the economy and I think has weakened the overall health care system. I know people who have it though, who had nothing before, and because they got Ocare , it actually saved their life.
I don't think single payer will fix either side, health care or cost. It will improve when you are in charge of your own health care and not the government.
Competition, free market, yes..the dreaded word..capitalism baby, will drive premiums down and care up. Double down on market based reforms.. not more government.
Capitalism is at play now and before Ocare.

bacha29

Yes you can be in charge of your own healthcare including paying for it yourself right out of your own bank account. How would you like that? We haven't heard much out of Trump these days regarding buying insurance across state lines. Remember when he was pushing that? Then how come no insurers are biting on it? The insurer would have to write an insurance contract that the state's insurance commissioner would approve along with setting up a provider network and negotiate a fee structure and rate structure that would require state approval and even if you were able to do all this...... you don't know if anybody's going to buy the product. Is it any wonder why they're in no hurry to start down this path?