President Trump

It will be fine

btw trumps action to create association plans has not been around a couple of years. just one and it would have actually started taking place in this years October enrollment phase.

but go ahead and keep spinning your nonsense
The plans don’t exist. There’s nothing being sold across state lines bringing costs down. It was an empty gesture like many of Trump’s “accomplishments.”

newfie

“Whether you will have access to an Association plan for your small business will depend on what’s available on the market, and that remains to be seen at some later time.”

K.

you probably missed this part since it was "hidden" in the very first paragraph :

Association Health plans for small business are being expanded due to a new Federal rule. The biggest beneficiaries will be self-employed owners with no employees, as well as very small businesses with as few as one employee. These small business owners will soon be able to shop for and join association health plans. This is an expansion over existing state laws that often limit association plans to employers having at least 50 employees
The new rule gives authority for association plans to cross state lines.

bacha29

btw trumps action to create association plans has not been around a couple of years. just one and it would have actually started taking place in this years October enrollment phase.

but go ahead and keep spinning your nonsense
Ever hear of the McCarron-Ferguson Act? You keep harping on association health plans. Now are they going to become self insured? If so are they going to be licensed to operate in all 50 states? How many provider networks will they reach contractual agreements with?

It will be fine

you probably missed this part since it was "hidden" in the very first paragraph :

Association Health plans for small business are being expanded due to a new Federal rule. The biggest beneficiaries will be self-employed owners with no employees, as well as very small businesses with as few as one employee. These small business owners will soon be able to shop for and join association health plans. This is an expansion over existing state laws that often limit association plans to employers having at least 50 employees
The new rule gives authority for association plans to cross state lines.
The entire article is just an explanation of what the plans are or could be, not what exists and is available now. Believe me I hope your optimism is warranted, I’d love to get rates as if I and my employees were part of a group of thousands of employees. It’s just not the case right now. The devil is in the details too. I looked at the temporary plans that avoid ACA requirements last year, turns out they are garbage, lifetime caps, would leave me bankrupt etc, and only save a couple hundred bucks/month. That’s what these sound like, not worth the risk.

bacha29

The entire article is just an explanation of what the plans are or could be, not what exists and is available now. Believe me I hope your optimism is warranted, I’d love to get rates as if I and my employees were part of a group of thousands of employees. It’s just not the case right now. The devil is in the details too. I looked at the temporary plans that avoid ACA requirements last year, turns out they are garbage, lifetime caps, would leave me bankrupt etc, and only save a couple hundred bucks/month. That’s what these sound like, not worth the risk.
Right. Associations health plans unless they can become self insured will be nothing more than purchasing agents. Sure they might be able to cross state lines but they will still have to abide by the rules and regulations as set forth by state law. Yes, they might become self insured and become licensed in a few states but they'll have to establish a provider network that will accept assignment and that won't be an easy thing to do
It's simply another sleazy attempt to bypass ACA coverage rules in order to once again offer cheap rate insurance that provides good profits for insurers but provides damn near nothing in the way of coverage.
Problem with Newfie is that in his mind's eye as long as it's something that Trump proposes and backs it'a automatically good for America.

newfie

Ever hear of the McCarron-Ferguson Act? You keep harping on association health plans. Now are they going to become self insured? If so are they going to be licensed to operate in all 50 states? How many provider networks will they reach contractual agreements with?

you started this conversation saying trump never delivered on his promise to open up insurance markets across state lines. I proved you wrong.

what is your next tap dance?