President Trump

bacha29

I disagree about the management fee part, competition for the funds would have driven those prices down. Check the fees Vanguard charges on your Express 401-k. Oh that's right, I'm sorry.
But like your 401K contributions to a SS opt out account would be voluntary . That when combined with a withdrawal on demand provision the net result would be just another source of cash that people would be tapping all the time creating the risk of a retirement crisis even larger than the one we already have. That possibility is why you don't hear much out of the SS opt out proponents these days.

cachmeifucan

I'm the one who named the programs. I've never got anything yet so if I live to 65 I guess I'll have to get on a government funded program that my tax dollars have helped. I started ups at 17 got 22 in and 15 to go and plan on working part time to stay busy after retirement. And I was all for when George Bush Jr wanted to pull out of social security and put into personal accounts to be held to retirement. I was still young enough as to where I hadn't put that much into social security and would of loved that idea. But by the time I hit 63 social security may be belly up.

cachmeifucan

But like your 401K contributions to a SS opt out account would be voluntary . That when combined with a withdrawal on demand provision the net result would be just another source of cash that people would be tapping all the time creating the risk of a retirement crisis even larger than the one we already have. That possibility is why you don't hear much out of the SS opt out proponents these days.
That is the nanny state mentality. If it was for retirement it should be no withdrawal until retirement but then as soon as you retired you would go buy a Cadillac

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Rejection? If conservatives reject liberal philosophy they why are they all out there signing up for every Democrat sponsored benefit program they can qualify for including that which was driven by "liberal philosophy?.......AND YOU"RE GOING TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING!
You can talk the conservative talk but can you walk the conservative path? The only true threat to your future well being is the possibility of drowning in your own hypocrisy. You're not fooling anybody. In defense of your conservative ideals you don't have to accept the benefits I speak of and if you are a true blue conservative you will not accept those benefits . Oh but you of course and you will continue to condemn and demonize the party that despite formidable conservative opposition managed to get it passed into law. What a hypocrite!
When you go to WalMart, do you help pay for others groceries, then leave the groceries you paid for behind?

Think about it.

cachmeifucan

No but when I go to Walmart I always seem someone asking for donations and like a good Christian I give most of the time. Last time I actually gave 20$ to a family that had a sign saying they were homeless. It hurt my heart seeing the kids he was definitely here illegally but at least he was, with his wife and kids and was very appreciative and I pray they get the help they need

floridays

And the the first and second amendment are real relevant to today's world but you staunchly defend those.
Formulate a legitimate argument and come back to me. First and second amendments were original parts of the Constitution. The Constitution was amended (14th amendment) for a singular purpose, to address how states would deal with freedmen, period.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
For many pot is a gateway drug it didn't used to be like that but the amount and assortment of drugs and our younger generation education level is a bad mix
While I agree that technically, cannabis is a gateway drug, alcohol and cigarettes are much stronger gateway drugs.
Gateway Drug Theory -
a habit-forming drug that, while not itself addictive, may lead to the use of other addictive drugs.

Alcohol and cigarettes are not Gateway Drugs because they are addictive while cannabis is not.

I believe the following is a more apt and accurate definition of a Gateway Drug Theory -
Individuals that use gateway drugs are more likely to use stronger and more destructive drugs.

Sportello

I paid US dollars for my education. I'll have to put you on billable hours if you persist in asking foolish questions.

BTW, are you ready to admit John James, the candidate from Michigan, had nothing to do with Jesse "High" Jackson and a scam?
His family company did, and he benefitted. Who is John Phillip Sousa IV?

bacha29

I'm the one who named the programs. I've never got anything yet so if I live to 65 I guess I'll have to get on a government funded program that my tax dollars have helped. I started ups at 17 got 22 in and 15 to go and plan on working part time to stay busy after retirement. And I was all for when George Bush Jr wanted to pull out of social security and put into personal accounts to be held to retirement. I was still young enough as to where I hadn't put that much into social security and would of loved that idea. But by the time I hit 63 social security may be belly up.
Social Security will be there and will be there for you if between now and then you were to become disabled. Did you think about that? If you were to opt out and that were to happen to you then whatever you had in your opt out account would be what you would have live on . Then again you would also have your IBT/UPS pension but only because to the passage of Taft Hartley including collective bargaining does it exist today.