President Trump

El Correcto

god is dead
That the 14th Amendment applies to all those born in the US and that it is up to Congress to curtail it somehow?
The 14th amendment doesn’t apply to all those born in the US. Try reading into it more and reading the writing of the congress who passed it. It was meant to get around a bad ruling by the Supreme Court and grant slaves their citizenship.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
What do you think the court decides? That the 14th Amendment applies to all those born in the US and that it is up to Congress to curtail it somehow? Or that the 14th Amendment does not protect certain people in the US and Congress would need to expand the reaches of the Amendment?
Depends what the argument is. The constitution should not apply to illegals, they are not u.s citzens. My guess is they toss it back to congress in the end.

bbsam

Staff member
Liberals keep conveniently leaving out the "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" part. Which means the 14th didn't apply to those in the US illegally.
So in your universe of alternative facts, a baby born in Iowa today to Mexican parents is subject to what jurisdiction?

Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not only are you the one far removed from reality, you are also being easily played by a history you want to believe in.
Does the history you want to believe in tell you that Native Americans were citizens if they were born in the US from the 14th Amendment?

The answer is no. Not until another law was passed in 1924.

The 14th was about freed slaves.

bbsam

Staff member
Does the history you want to believe in tell you that Native Americans were citizens if they were born in the US from the 14th Amendment?

The answer is no. Not until another law was passed in 1924.

The 14th was about freed slaves.
The WSJ Editorial Board explains it well.

cachmeifucan

I'm so amused by the pro-lifers. "Oh we can (so called) "kill' the unborn. it's a sin.".....But it's perfectly ok for them to die afterward at the hands of disease, malnutrition, violence and neglect resulting from overpopulation and extreme poverty. Want an example? The latest caravan is from Hondurus an impoverished nation to begin which has seen it's population increase by 50% in just the past decade.
Then they need to pull themselves up by the boot straps and start building have you seen the women in caravan they are not starving by no means. We are a generous country that's why we give them aid every year. They just think they have the right to come here because we actually built a great country. They need to make Honduras great for once. If you want you can donate to a cause you believe in. I'm a lifetime nra member and I don't even own a gun.