Putting in My Letter of Intent

oldandcrabby

My wife would of bought me a new car yesterday if it meant she didn't have to drive.

In 2007 when husband was PT for UPS our 97' Cavalier that we bought new died 159,990 miles. We took an income tax return and he fell in love with a 99' Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer Limited) I think might have been just Limited. I said you have the money buy it. He did drive that for almost a year some young kid rear ended him as he was leaving a restaurant totaled his Explorer. Husband drove it back to the house park it on the driveway and I look at him and said the insurance adjuster is gonna call DOA. His response was no it can be fixed. That is how he wound up in his Jeep Liberty.

oldngray

nowhere special
funny_picdump_1112_640_46.jpg

oldandcrabby

My wife would of bought me a new car yesterday if it meant she didn't have to drive.
Saturday going back to the dealership to pick up son's Jeep. I think we will be test driving a Subaru Forrester the same day only 51,000 miles on it 2007. Maybe I will finally get my grocery getter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Give it up, OnG.

There was a narrow range of VIN's over about a year and a half with the problems we had.

Subaru of America went above and beyond to solve the problem. As a matter of fact, we are still driving one.
There's a range of years that the 2.5 is known for blown head gaskets. It's not if but when. Normally 120-150k miles. I think an 07 Would be in there.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There's a range of years that the 2.5 is known for blown head gaskets. It's not if but when. Normally 120-150k miles. I think an 07 Would be in there.

Nope. Fixed by then. Just gotta be sure the timing belt is replaced on schedule.

We owned a 1999 first (1st gen). They had the bad head gaskets.

Then, a 2006 (2nd gen). Had to watch the timing belt.

Then, a 2014 (4th gen) and now a 2016.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

oldandcrabby

Its all good.

Yes it is all good. I am so glad I stumbled on to Brown Cafe in 2011. You all have been so kind to me. I so appreciate it all so much. This is how we all should treat each other in life. Again thank you each and every one of you. You all have made our Peak of 2015 so much easier. Have a good evening I'll now pull husband's dinner out of the oven.