Putting in My Letter of Intent

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
according to my center manager you can't work more than 60 hrs they needed someone to help out with the will calls and they wouldn't let drivers do it that would go over 60 hrs...

Is this the same Center Manager that you want to work for?

He doesn't have a clue either.

Helping out with will calls would be extra work and goes by seniority, whether you have 58 hours or 62, it does not matter.

Apparently your center manager wants to pay someone for nothing. I hope he gets a grievance.

I have heard some centers have a policy of not working over 12 hours, this ensures they do not go over 60 for the week, but this is a made up local policy. You cannot drive after working 60. You can do all the will calls you want.

It is not the law, nor corporate policy.

Now, if this work was done by someone on straight time, he has precedent over someone on OT.
The same center that does not want a package driver working over 12 hours a day does not have a problem working a feeder driver 14. Like I said, a made up local policy.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It would seem to me that if they want you to be one of them that they would be open, upfront and forthright instead of seeing how they can "lowball" you and pay less than reasonable salary.

This should be a warning but, unfortunately, it probably will not be for you.
Not a single company out there is going to throw a bunch of money at you. They always try to low ball.

oldandcrabby

It is a 2.5x picture wise and add wise looks pretty clean. The add of course just states J D power says....
Nope. Fixed by then. Just gotta be sure the timing belt is replaced on schedule.

We owned a 1999 first (1st gen). They had the bad head gaskets.

Then, a 2006 (2nd gen). Had to watch the timing belt.

Then, a 2014 (4th gen) and now a 2016.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Thank you so very much I showed my son your info and he read it over we went to dealership got his Jeep out so all mechanical work no charge. Better tires and alignment 400.00 cheaper than Jeep dealership. Test drove the Subaru and signed the paperwork and will pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I am a happy women.

oldandcrabby

Is it a turbo?
Test drove Subaru today and no not a turbo signed paperwork today and I have my grocery getter with the same lifetime warranty plus now they include electrical. Again thank you so very much. It was a nice feeling to walk into the dealership with confidence and all because of you guys on Brown Cafe. Have a good Christmas you have made mine already.

clean hairy

Thank you so very much I showed my son your info and he read it over we went to dealership got his Jeep out so all mechanical work no charge. Better tires and alignment 400.00 cheaper than Jeep dealership. Test drove the Subaru and signed the paperwork and will pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I am a happy women.
Enjoy your new purchase!

oldandcrabby

Enjoy your new purchase!
We are working on the logistics of it all. My son is friends with the sons of the pc driver who referred him in at UPS anyway they stopped by to pick up sons router and I think one of them will run me up to dealership to pick up car then on our way back will drop forester in parking lot of UPS get son the keys and be on our way home. I will get the first drive off the lot.

These three young will make really good husbands one day.

Browntown2014

I included the silver lining in my post.

All repairs will be paid for and a co-worker of my son has so kindly volunteered to bring him home every night as long as it takes to fix the vehicle. I know a young man who will get extra Christmas treats from me this peak.

I just had to get the whine out of my system. We were dealing with vehicle problems at the beginning peak of 2013 and we all know how rough that peak was so it may be a repeat performance. I hope not as i only have to transport husband and son to work not do the job that you all have to do or did before retirement. I really liked how 2014 peak went.

Stop buying jeeps, they are crap.

Anthonysg0113

I also found out I will not be taking a pay cut. If anything I will be getting a raise if I take the job. You negotiate and it could take a couple of weeks before you reach a agreement. talked to a SUP today and she said it took her 3 weeks to negotiate a deal and she told me not to let them intimidate you...

I also found out what one OCS makes and how much of a bonus he got... I know I won't be able to get a number like him but I will be able to get more that I'm making now and buy a good bit...
Just make sure you keep posting after you take the plunge. Those headaches will be a bitch. You know after you are a sup, they can make you go to other areas(states also) and drive, and train drivers in places you've never been. You've got the "job" right now, but it's your future. A lot if people on here warned you.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just make sure you keep posting after you take the plunge. Those headaches will be a bitch. You know after you are a sup, they can make you go to other areas(states also) and drive, and train drivers in places you've never been. You've got the "job" right now, but it's your future. A lot if people on here warned you.
There are negatives to any job.

moldsporh

What really sux is when the people under you make you look bad and to reprimand you they send you to manage the small sort aisle in another bldg somewhere, then night sort somewhere else after that, then maybe preload.

Just curious, did they sound all happy and giving when they filled you in about the position?

Maybe back in 1987 I would have taken a management position...no way now...not even a wet dream.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What really sux is when the people under you make you look bad and to reprimand you they send you to manage the small sort aisle in another bldg somewhere, then night sort somewhere else after that, then maybe preload.

Just curious, did they sound all happy and giving when they filled you in about the position?

Maybe back in 1987 I would have taken a management position...no way now...not even a wet dream.
Yeah u couldn't pay me enough to take that job. They could offer me 150k a year to start n I still wouldn't take it. I know better, been slinging these boxes close enough to 20 years, I'd rather get beat down physically everyday than mentally everyday. That's an easy decision really, I'm not taking part in that super shady club at all lol. Not worth the mental strain it will put on you or your family. Their just plain evil. I've seen n heard enough of their evil to know better lol

Anthonysg0113

Yeah u couldn't pay me enough to take that job. They could offer me 150k a year to start n I still wouldn't take it. I know better, been slinging these boxes close enough to 20 years, I'd rather get beat down physically everyday than mentally everyday. That's an easy decision really, I'm not taking part in that super shady club at all lol. Not worth the mental strain it will put on you or your family. Their just plain evil. I've seen n heard enough of their evil to know better lol
You're right, I couldn't be apart of that crap either. Just isn't natural.

UPSGUY72

Looks like I'll if everything goes right I'll be starting my ORS job just after the first of the year. Yesterday morning my center manager told me my old center manager at was going to meet me on the road and talk to me about being a ORS in on of his buildings. He didn't make it and considering I was a good 80 miles from the building he was I decided to stop by my old center today on my way to work and talked to him. So I get there he is a morning meeting and I walk right in and excused the two SUP he was talking to in order to talk to me. Great conversation as has the one I been having with my current center manager. I won't be taking a pay cut and since I'll be starting in right after the first of the year I'll also MIP in February which for the first year will be all stock.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Unless you get into trouble. Let him find out the hard way...
We had a steward who was constantly pissing off a previous center manager. The center manager went to him and told him he wanted him to be an on-car sup and that he'd be making 150K. He laughed at him and said Yeah Right. The center manager again told him that he had it all set to go and just needed his letter and not to worry. The driver/steward again told the center manager that he was crazy and that he wasnt't born yesterday. He knew that his job was secure and he was protected by the union. The center manager assured him that his job was safe and that he was letting bygones be bygones. The steward declined.

The day after the center manager attempted to make him an on-car the center manager discharged him (for the 12th time). He laughed and thanked him for the paid day off and headed for his car. He got to the parking lot and the BA called him and said go back to work.