Rail strike

PT Car Washer

Imagine blaming workers for not wanting to be on call 24/7/365 and letting the railroad companies off Scott free

Or better yet the companies using the railroads to move goods for having zero contingency plans apparently. Why? Because why would they need contingency plans when they knew the president wouldn’t let a strike happen?

Biden screwed the workers the second he stepped in and forced them to vote on a contract so it wouldn’t interrupt the precious election.
So you would support a RR strike even if it meant losing your job over? But you will not support PT UPS Teamsters a living wage?

Nah
You’re blaming the wrong person when there are hundreds of republicans congressman who down voted for the provision you speak of. Most likely, some of the congressmen you voted for and will continue to vote for.

Again, I feel for the railroad workers and know their work conditions are not right and haven’t been for a long time. but I know for sure it’s not Biden’s fault. The railroad workers need to make plans for a mass resignation. Government can’t help you, the union can’t hep you, but the railroad workers coming together can help themselves.
Mass resignation sounds the same as a strike to me. Except the workers don't come back. And the workers were coming together to help themselves. Hence being in a union. And voting no. And voting to strike.

And then....THWAP! The government smacks them in the face. Or maybe it was a knife in the back. Choose your preference, I guess.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol. Lmao. Get rolled!

1669956514650.png

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Layoffs due to a rail strike would likely be temporary. Once the trains are moving again, the work would come back. You're kidding yourself if you don't think we're heading into a recession anyway. Yes, private parties should still handle their own disputes.

And if the government had to step in, why couldn't they ask the workers what they wanted and impose that on the companies, instead of the other way around?

I’m only aware of them not getting the sick days. Not aware of the other provisions they failed in bargain for. I am hearing they got everything but the sick days.

Nah
I’m only aware of them not getting the sick days. Not aware of the other provisions they failed in bargain for. I am hearing they got everything but the sick days.
That would be my understanding. I don't even know if the "paid" part is a sticking point. They're frustrated that they can't call off for a sick kid or spouse in the hospital without pushing themselves closer to termination. I read one story, an engineer got COVID back in 2020. He was off for only three days before management started threatening to fire him.

Nah
Lol. Lmao. Get rolled!

View attachment 409526
You just want it to blow up in everyone's face. Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
. but I know for sure it’s not Biden’s fault. The railroad workers need to make plans for a mass resignation. Government can’t help you, the union can’t hep you, but the railroad workers coming together can help themselves.
Biden shoved the contract down their throat because he was worried about midterms. I mean that’s not even disputable. Otherwise they would have went on strike over a month ago.

The railroad workers coming together can help themselves…like by collective bargaining or something. Yeah sounds good. Let’s let them do that.

nWo

They might also get their sick days if democrats blocked both bills. Or better yet, if Biden didn't call on congress to act. Or if Pelosi put the sick days in the same bill.

I do not know what is so hard to understand about that.

The Republicans fully supported forcing the contract on them without the sick days. The Democrats tried to get them sick days. The Republicans took the stance that the rail workers don't deserve sick days.

Nah
The Republicans took the stance that the rail workers don't deserve sick days.
So did the democrats, who separated them into two separate bills and it was Biden who asked congress to impose the deal anyway.

Don't be so obtuse.

nWo

So did the democrats, who separated them into two separate bills and it was Biden who asked congress to impose the deal anyway.

Don't be so obtuse.

The Senate was 8 republican yes votes away from giving the rail workers sick days. 8. 42 Republicans voted against sick days. 6 voted for.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes. Everyone understands that. But the Republicans are the ones that fought tooth and nail to block them from having sick days.
So Democrats wanted them to have sick days, but they just didn't want it enough to risk hurting their stock portfolios or chances of getting reelected.

I'm not sure why you think that's any better.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Yes. Everyone understands that. But the Republicans are the ones that fought tooth and nail to block them from having sick days.

Sad thing is America is just as tribal as any 3rd world country. Most people who vote red vote against their own interest and here it is playing itself out. then they blame people on the other side As if they caused it.