Rail strike

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Biden shoved the contract down their throat because he was worried about midterms. I mean that’s not even disputable. Otherwise they would have went on strike over a month ago.

The railroad workers coming together can help themselves…like by collective bargaining or something. Yeah sounds good. Let’s let them do that.
They got everything but sick days due to Biden stepping in. The republicans didn’t like the idea for paid sick days. Seems like the republicans want a strike so they can point at the economy for the during the election. The railroad works got somethings they wanted, Biden got somethings he wanted and the republicans screwed over working Americans, so they got what they wanted. Strike avoided, no two billion a day loss, and no recession started.

Win win Situation. You can’t except everything if you’re begging for it.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
We probably get a better contract if we did. No more minimum wage PT jobs and two tier delivery positions. And 7 days of paid sick leave which we don't have now.
I’m asking a serious question.
I never understood how much money is enough when you working a low end, minimum skill job? Is 40 an hour enough? Or it’s in the 30s?

The two tier position makes 100% sense at ups. Who in their right mind wants to unload or load, or sort for 8 hours, all year long. You’re not going to find many people raising their hand for that. even if it was 40 an hour. You will still have problems keeping people in the position due to the arduous labor associated to the role.

Non-union employees have 7 days of paid sick days and you’re telling me union members don’t have 7 days of sick days? I do believe it.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the Central sick days we’re traded for an option week many years ago
The sick day provision sucked. We had 3 sick days. You had to be off at least 2 days to get paid for the 1st day. As usual the company (and the union) made things more difficult than they needed to be.

nWo

I never understood how much money is enough when you working a low end, minimum skill job? Is 40 an hour enough? Or it’s in the 30s?

The two tier position makes 100% sense at ups. Who in their right mind wants to unload or load, or sort for 8 hours, all year long. You’re not going to find many people raising their hand for that. even if it was 40 an hour. You will still have problems keeping people in the position due to the arduous labor associated to the role.

Non-union employees have 7 days of paid sick days and you’re telling me union members don’t have 7 days of sick days? I do believe it.

download.jpeg

Nah
This stating the facts.
The facts are that the democrats, namely Biden, pushed for congress to force this deal on the railworkers.

The facts are that the democrats, not the republicans, intentionally separated the provisions so they could blame republicans for being anti-worker while they themselves are complicit in denying the workers what they want and their right to strike.

I hate republicans as much as the next guy, but open your eyes. Holy crap.

Johney

Not if it causes innocent people to be harmed. What if the strike caused 1000s of ups union members to lose their job, including yourself. As well as the economy to be in recession, with little to no hiring activity. Would it be worth it to “allow private parties to settle their own disputes.” Then?

There is no reason for a shoot out to take place. The government needs to step in to prevent a train wreck.
I bet you think UPS would pay you $40 an hour plus benefits if they were non union. SMH

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So Democrats wanted them to have sick days, but they just didn't want it enough to risk hurting their stock portfolios or chances of getting reelected.

I'm not sure why you think that's any better.
Biden told them not to include sick days
They got everything but sick days due to Biden stepping in. The republicans didn’t like the idea for paid sick days. Seems like the republicans want a strike so they can point at the economy for the during the election. The railroad works got somethings they wanted, Biden got somethings he wanted and the republicans screwed over working Americans, so they got what they wanted. Strike avoided, no two billion a day loss, and no recession started.

Win win Situation. You can’t except everything if you’re begging for it.
They did not get everything.

The Biden administration forced them to vote on a contract that was essentially the same as they had refused to even bring to the table for a vote.

The raises are a joke they’re still basically on call constantly.

Brownslave688

Found the management troll yall lol

It’s why you form a union. To get a piece of company success. Profits up 100+%. Dividend payouts up 100%. Raises that can’t even keep up with inflation. So uhhhh yeah I expect more.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I bet you think UPS would pay you $40 an hour plus benefits if they were non union. SMH
It still does not justify the negative Impact it could cause if a strike were to take place. This is not some grocery store strike. This is a monopoly type strike that will halt rail nationwide and cause negative ripple effects onto the economy. I vote hell no!

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Found the management troll yall lol

It’s why you form a union. To get a piece of company success. Profits up 100+%. Dividend payouts up 100%. Raises that can’t even keep up with inflation. So uhhhh yeah I expect more.
Lol. Thats funny coming from someone who makes over the industry standard. More money does not solve your problems. We should be fighting for a better work life balance. The money component is already there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lol. Thats funny coming from someone who makes over the industry standard. More money does not solve your problems. We should be fighting for a better work life balance. The money component is already there.
That's literally what the railroad union was fighting for, and you're sitting here saying you're glad the government didn't let them strike for it.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
That's literally what the railroad union was fighting for, and you're sitting here saying you're glad the government didn't let them strike for it.
Not exactly true. I support intervention if the effects of a strike would cause substantial harm onto the country. this is not a hard concept. The ends do not justify the means in this case.

Sixth Punch Sense

I personally believe you have the right to quit. That sends a bigger message than standing outside, looking like panhandlers all while the rest of us are suffering. That’s my opinion.

to be rational here. strike if you want to strike, but you can’t strike and hurt everybody else’s because you want sick days. make your money, save it and quit when the time is right. When the company can’t get there employees to stay and are sending billions on training new hires, then they will get the message. Striking is a quick fix to help a few thousand people while hurting hundreds of million of Americans.
Union buster

PT Car Washer

Half of our Midnight sort and Preload is made up of 22.3 working 8+hours a day loading and unloading at top rate of $35/hr after 4 years. Some have been doing it for 20 years. Just started a bunch of new Twi/Midnight 22.3 jobs. And Union members do not receive any paid sick leave.

Brownslave688

I has nothing to do with money solving any problems. Very simple concept. Company profits go up. Compensation goes up.

nWo

The facts are that the democrats, namely Biden, pushed for congress to force this deal on the railworkers.

The facts are that the democrats, not the republicans, intentionally separated the provisions so they could blame republicans for being anti-worker while they themselves are complicit in denying the workers what they want and their right to strike.

I hate republicans as much as the next guy, but open your eyes. Holy crap.

FB_IMG_1670039815960.jpg

Senators get unlimited sick days and make $174,000 and the Republicans banned together to fight against rail workers having sick days.

Get off your knees. Stop worshiping MAGA and Alex Jones . And find a valid reason why the Republicans decided rail workers didn't deserve sick days.

Last edited: