Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cold front in CA. My car temp thingy said it was like 42 degrees when I went to the store. I looked out over the ocean and the sky looks angry and rains coming. Low snow levels too.....so Vegas travelers beware of the Cajon Pass!!! The San Gabriel mtns. are white tipped now.

Making chili !!

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cold front in CA. My car temp thingy said it was like 42 degrees when I went to the store. I looked out over the ocean and the sky looks angry and rains coming. Low snow levels too.....so Vegas travelers beware of the Cajon Pass!!! The San Gabriel mtns. are white tipped now.

Making chili !!
I hope it moves through here quickly tonight and tomorrow. I have to much to do to be delayed by the weather. :knockedout:

moreluck

golden ticket member
COSTCO now sells HALAL food for muslims.

Costco Selling Hand-Slaughtered Chicken With Help of Halal Advocates! (Coleman Brand Only)) - Halal Advocates of America

klein

Für Meno :)
Safeway is selling Ginseng Chicken, (Granny brand), since about 2 weeks now. The chickens are actually fed Ginseng.
This week it's on sale for $3.49lb, but even at that price I sure won't buy it.
I think regular price is $4.99lb !

Suppose to be really nice and tender and good in flavour though.... hmmm, maybe next time, just to try it out...
But why ? I can get a fully cooked chicken there at times for around $5.00, sure don't want to pay for an uncooked one $12 or more.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When it comes to chicken, the real bargain is whole at 59 or 69 cents a pound. There's nothing as great a bargain as a $2 (there about) chicken That's when I stock the freezer. Roasting whole chicken is Cooking 101.....so simple. Leftovers for chicken sandwiches or chicken salad. Sometimes use them for homemade chicken soup.....especially with the weather turning colder now.

klein

This Genseng chicken is whole, but so expensive, I doubt the Chinese will buy it !

Ginseng is believed to improve the metabolism of lipids and carbohydrates, as well as eliciting a potentially useful antioxidant property. This delicious chicken is leaner, juicier, and more tender than regular chicken.

images

Ginseng Whole Frying Chicken
$3.49 lb $7.69/kg
Granny's. Frozen.
Club Price

DS

Fenderbender
News | Led Zeppelin - Official Website

I was 16 years old when this came out...no really?
I actually thought it was them selling out but better than zep 3.
I was 15 when 1 and 2 came out,
Anyways...Random fact...40 years ago today Led Zep IV was released
In 1916 Jim Casey,the founder of ups,decided to "protect his employees"
from unfair labor practice,by allowing them to join the brotherhood of teamsters.
Why?
Jim was not a stupid man.He was already set for life and he actually wrote stairway to heaven.
Jimmy page found it crumpled up in a closet in Boston.
The Queen likes unpasteurized milk....

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is just a portion of an e-mail I received telling all to think "outside" the box for gifts at Christmas.............
It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?

Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local American hair salon or barber?
Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plunking down the Benjamin on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Once you start thinking and individualizing the people on your list, you can make a unique gift for those close to you.

klein

I don't like giftcards. Most of them have a dollar value, and I don't like giving away dollar values that the receipient will know (might as well just hand them the cash), and save the plastic card !

Franchises should be more creative and offer non-currency giftcards.

Such as giftcards good for 2 Steak dinners with drink, or 14" pizza (baked anyway you want, with any amount of toppings - dine in or take-out with free delivery), and so on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dollar value doesn't matter......if I send someone an article of clothing and I'm not sure about their size, I always include the receipt so they can return it.
If I do gift cards, unless it's just a friendly Starbucks gift, I usually do $50 or $100.......everyone is pleased as punch to get that!! And the bonus is no shipping!

moreluck

golden ticket member
IN THE MUSLIM RELIGION, DOGS ARE UNCLEAN AND NOT ALLOWED TO TRAVEL IN THE
SAME VEHICLE AS THE MUSLIM.

Have we ever seen Bo exit a vehicle along with his master? Just sayin'.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ad specials today....BOGO on the Butterball turkeys and BOGO on the Hormel pork tenderloins (yum). Also BOGO on the Claim Jumper pies. You can sure tell we are getting close to an eating and baking holiday!!

klein

It;s getting to become a burden for me, but soo many Safeway contests going on at the same time (CFL, NHL, Lazy Boy $3500 giftcard, 10.000 airmiles daily, and 100.000 airmiles weekly), I'm almost forced to go grocery shopping daily. (Everyday is another chance to win). Last week it was Heinz Beans on sale for extra entries, this week Uncle Bens Rice Entrees. (Need to get one of those for an extra entry and definitly need one for the $3500 g/c).

This goes on for the next 3 weeks - sure hoping to win something out of it !