Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not sure what you don’t understand.

This is the Religion discussion thread, no?
All of your post.

What about the phrase "biblical community" do you find to be radical and cult like? What "fundamentalist traits" have you been seeing in your church, and WTH does that even mean?

I'm not sure how you think you can spout random nonsense and expect anyone to know WTH you're talking about.

Integrity

Binge Poster
All of your post.

What about the phrase "biblical community" do you find to be radical and cult like? What "fundamentalist traits" have you been seeing in your church, and WTH does that even mean?

I'm not sure how you think you can spout random nonsense and expect anyone to know WTH you're talking about.
I didn’t say radical, I said cringey.

What does “biblical community” even mean?

Do you know?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What does biblical community mean to you?

You said it's cringey and cult like but for some reason you're afraid to explain WTH you think it is.
I take it to mean that it is a community that puts their faith in a religious document and not God.

I am completely comfortable with the term “Community of Faith “, spiritual community, or Christian community.

May seem inconsistent but I think not.

Just my opinion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am completely comfortable with the term “Community of Faith “, spiritual community, or Christian community.

May seem inconsistent but I think not.

Just my opinion.
So you're upset your church is describing itself as a community of people who believe the Bible is the word of God.

Instead you think it should be "spiritual".

I think you're right to be concerned, your beliefs do not seem to align with biblical teachings, and you might be better off at a different church.

Just my opinion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you're upset your church is describing itself as a community of people who believe the Bible is the word of God.
That is not what I said.
Instead you think it should be "spiritual".
I said what I am comfortable with, yes.
I think you're right to be concerned, your beliefs do not seem to align with biblical teachings, and you might be better off at a different church.
Did I say I was concerned?

I attend multiple churches and fellowships.
Just my opinion.
I appreciate, respect, and thank you for your opinion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not saying that I view my church as a cult per se but it seems that cult like fundamentalist traits are starting to be more noticeably prevalent in the leadership and the preaching.
Did I say I was concerned?
So you're happy about cult like fundamentalist traits being prevalent in Christian leadership?

Why do you do this thing where you start a discussion then refuse to discuss it in an open and honest way? Just talk like a normal human. So weird.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you're happy about cult like fundamentalist traits being prevalent in Christian leadership?
Did I say I was happy? Did I say I was unhappy.

I just said cringey and cult like.

Just observation, that’s all.
Why do you do this thing where you start a discussion then refuse to discuss it in an open and honest way? Just talk like a normal human. So weird.
You may want to look at you own responses.

All good.

Do you attend church services?

Status
Not open for further replies.