Republicare

BrownArmy

So the new Trump plan of sabotage sounds like a big pile of dookie for literally everyone. He's defaulting on the cost sharing payments to insurers. The CBO already looked at the effects of a change like this.

Premiums for everyone in the individual market increase to offset the loss of revenue. The premium subsidies for everyone under 400% of the poverty line increase to cover the new increased premiums. This will cost the taxpayers an extra $200 billion more than the original CSR payments that Donald has defaulted on.

Those of us in the individual market that don't receive subsidies get to eat the premium increases of up to 20%.

So more cost to the taxpayer, more cost for the middle class and more uncertainty in the market.

Thanks Trump!

But it's tied to Obama, so it must be undermined at any cost.

TTKU, it has nothing to do with sound policy, it's all about erasing the legacy of the President who happened to tell a one-off joke about Trump at the WH Correspondents Dinner.

Trump never forgets a slight.

newfie

So the new Trump plan of sabotage sounds like a big pile of dookie for literally everyone. He's defaulting on the cost sharing payments to insurers. The CBO already looked at the effects of a change like this.

Premiums for everyone in the individual market increase to offset the loss of revenue. The premium subsidies for everyone under 400% of the poverty line increase to cover the new increased premiums. This will cost the taxpayers an extra $200 billion more than the original CSR payments that Donald has defaulted on.

Those of us in the individual market that don't receive subsidies get to eat the premium increases of up to 20%.

So more cost to the taxpayer, more cost for the middle class and more uncertainty in the market.

Thanks Trump!

I love his DACA, Obamacare and Iran moves this week. He puts all three into the hands of congress where they belong and forces congress to get off their asses and do something. The Democratic leadership had planned to simply sit back and snipe trump on everything. He just dropped three hot potato's in their laps that they can not sit back and do nothing on.

It will be fine

I love his DACA, Obamacare and Iran moves this week. He puts all three into the hands of congress where they belong and forces congress to get off their asses and do something. The Democratic leadership had planned to simply sit back and snipe trump on everything. He just dropped three hot potato's in their laps that they can not sit back and do nothing on.
Democratic leadership? Republicans control both houses of congress it's incumbent on them to fix the problems Trump is creating. Trump just raised my insurance premium by up to 20% next year and it's not just me. He did this to millions of Americans. It's not a strategy, he did it to intentionally sabotage the health insurance industry and is bragging about that fact. Destroying 1/6 of the economy and raising costs on everyone is not my vision of American greatness.

newfie

Democratic leadership? Republicans control both houses of congress it's incumbent on them to fix the problems Trump is creating. Trump just raised my insurance premium by up to 20% next year and it's not just me. He did this to millions of Americans. It's not a strategy, he did it to intentionally sabotage the health insurance industry and is bragging about that fact. Destroying 1/6 of the economy and raising costs on everyone is not my vision of American greatness.

umm are you responding to someone elses post?, my post said he dumped this in the laps of congress to fix. your congress can either fix these issues or play politics. whatever they choose to do, control of the issue is now in their laps.

It will be fine

umm are you responding to someone elses post?, my post said he dumped this in the laps of congress to fix. your congress can either fix these issues or play politics. whatever they choose to do, control of the issue is now in their laps.
Congress has always been in control of these issues. It's the strongest branch of government. Trump choose to raise my health insurance premiums for spite, not some grand legislative strategy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congress has always been in control of these issues. It's the strongest branch of government. Trump choose to raise my health insurance premiums for spite, not some grand legislative strategy.

No, he chose to raise it to get Congress off their butts and to spur the insurance companies to streamline their operations.