retirement

falcon back

I had a landlord who booted me as soon as he was legally able to do so once my lease was up because there was someone else who was willing to sign a long term lease for more rent. Had to find another place on short notice and all the other options were more expensive. Really put me in a bind. It's business. I complain about it every day.

It happened in 1991 and I JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT.
I know the feeling. I had a manager give another employee a day off after he told me the day was full. It was almost 40 years ago and every time I see that employee, I remember that event.

falcon back

Not fighting anything, just pointing out that the problem with your retirement income has MUCH more to do with you quitting twice than it does changes in the pension plan. The guys who started around 1986 (like you did) and are retiring now don't seem to have any problem with their pension income. You don't want to take responsibility for your own decisions.
You mean none of your coworkers are living in their car? I figured every employee that didn't get the 25 yrs in the Traditional would be forced to live in their car and shower in a public gym.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know the feeling. I had a manager give another employee a day off after he told me the day was full. It was almost 40 years ago and every time I see that employee, I remember that event.

Let's not forget the time I had to go help another route out when I had plans.

floridays

"Evil." LOL.
Every dog has his day, you've most likely had a few, my guess is as long as you have feet on terra firma you'll likely have more.
In my flesh I'd love to hope the worst for you, I don't however,
Exactly why do you despise someone when they complain about something that was ripped away from them?
You are a dog, you'll have another day you aren't particularly pleased with.

floridays

I had a landlord who booted me as soon as he was legally able to do so once my lease was up because there was someone else who was willing to sign a long term lease for more rent. Had to find another place on short notice and all the other options were more expensive. Really put me in a bind. It's business. I complain about it every day.

It happened in 1991 and I JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT.
A lost lease on an apartment and you compare it to a pension that was ripped away.

If you even resemble in a small part what Fedex upper management thinks, your company deserves a union, I already know what I want inscribed on my tombstone.

How many guess do you need?

floridays

Not fighting anything, just pointing out that the problem with your retirement income has MUCH more to do with you quitting twice than it does changes in the pension plan. The guys who started around 1986 (like you did) and are retiring now don't seem to have any problem with their pension income. You don't want to take responsibility for your own decisions.
Again you attack one persons decisions.

Exactly how has it affected tens maybe hundreds of thousands of employees that never quit, you know, the still employed?

59 Dano

Every dog has his day, you've most likely had a few, my guess is as long as you have feet on terra firma you'll likely have more.
In my flesh I'd love to hope the worst for you, I don't however,

I don't care either way.

Exactly why do you despise someone when they complain about something that was ripped away from them?

I don't despise him. Why would I?

You are a dog, you'll have another day you aren't particularly pleased with.

You're an idiot, and I'm sure I'll have good days and bad.

59 Dano

A lost lease on an apartment and you compare it to a pension that was ripped away.

If you even resemble in a small part what Fedex upper management thinks, your company deserves a union, I already know what I want inscribed on my tombstone.

How many guess do you need?

Zero, because no one cares.

59 Dano

Again you attack one persons decisions.

Exactly how has it affected tens maybe hundreds of thousands of employees that never quit, you know, the still employed?

Considering they didn't quit, and based on those employees that I'm still in touch with, I'm going to guess that it's playing out MUCH better for them than it did for van. Just a hunch.

floridays

Considering they didn't quit, and based on those employees that I'm still in touch with, I'm going to guess that it's playing out MUCH better for them than it did for van. Just a hunch.
Actually only the ones that were close to 25 years.

The defined offered 2% for each year of an employees 5 highest earning years. Maximum 25 years Maximum
That was the max pension, hourly.
Example
@5 years averaged highest compensation 50,000, yields 25,000 a year under old plan

If you take the same employee that spanned both plans, 25 under the defined, which was max
and lets just say they worked ten years or may still be working they have the max under the initial offering and at most 12 years under the portable.

In my world they will get the max offered when they signed on and an additional 12 if they are still employed.

What happened t the max pension as offered when they employed?
I'm sure the ones you know that enjoy it were either maxed out at conversion or close to being maxed out in the defined plan.

Every one that signed on under the same plan does not realize the same outcome, depending on start date.

I will draw you a picture if you do not understand what I just said.

Last edited:

vantexan

Yes, let's make it about me instead of the tens of thousands who got screwed. Those who started in the late 90's onward have a lot of problems with it. Make it mid-90's. And I have said repeatedly I shouldn't have quit. You make it sound like by quitting and returning I gave FedEx the right to screw with my life.

floridays

@59 Dano In the end it's ok. My pension will give me almost 4 times the buying power in Argentina. You can laugh and scoff all you want, but I'll still come out ahead.
He's a huckster. @Fred's Myth introduced the term integrity, I jumped aboard and used it as well.
At no time would @59 Dano respond to it. He's very limited in responses to a broader point, to the purpose of a post. He dissects a sentence like it is not attached to a thought, and responds to only his dissection.

Just as he seems to have no idea of the meaning of the word integrity, with that I conclude, his word or promise is as worthy as the dog :censored2: I stepped in today and had to wash off my shoes.

These people need to pick up the poo or expect me to be the cranky old guy that says, "Get off my lawn."

Same thing for his Fedex, people are tired of being :censored2: on, and it ain't a lawn.

The pension will not be the igniter, it will be the step program.
My targeted group is those beneath the step program, just as essential to operations yet forgotten, actually looked over.

Class and craft is the hurdle to shut the place down.
What say you @59 Dano, ?
@59 Dano, I picked your singular sentence to respond to, it's in the bold.

Back to you Van, I understand the task is like herding cats, none the less I believe there will be a certain amount of satisfaction if and when the cats are corralled.

Just a thought and mission.