retirement

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure those plans involved FedEx in some way, so I don't think it's comparable.
Dano was supposed to be cutting Fred's lawn at 4:30 that day and ended being 3 hours late. Those 4 extra P2 stops really threw him a curve ball.

falcon back

Jeez, Maybe I'd better stop posting things about your boyfriend. Wouldn't want you to call Fred and cry.

We can all agree that you're the biggest ass-kisser in your district.
Not my style. I heard when your manager was asked to describe you, he said all he had seen was the top of your head.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually only the ones that were close to 25 years.

The defined offered 2% for each year of an employees 5 highest earning years. Maximum 25 years Maximum
That was the max pension, hourly.
Example
@5 years averaged highest compensation 50,000, yields 25,000 a year under old plan

If you take the same employee that spanned both plans, 25 under the defined, which was max
and lets just say they worked ten years or may still be working they have the max under the initial offering and at most 12 years under the portable.

In my world they will get the max offered when they signed on and an additional 12 if they are still employed.

What happened t the max pension as offered when they employed?
I'm sure the ones you know that enjoy it were either maxed out at conversion or close to being maxed out in the defined plan.

Every one that signed on under the same plan does not realize the same outcome, depending on start date.

I will draw you a picture if you do not understand what I just said.

Go ahead.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, let's make it about me instead of the tens of thousands who got screwed. Those who started in the late 90's onward have a lot of problems with it. Make it mid-90's.

The only one claiming that it has any significant effect on their retirement income is you.

And I have said repeatedly I shouldn't have quit. You make it sound like by quitting and returning I gave FedEx the right to screw with my life.

You knew exactly what you were getting into when you came back. And then when you came back again.

Yes, let's make it about me instead of the tens of thousands who got screwed. Those who started in the late 90's onward have a lot of problems with it. Make it mid-90's. And I have said repeatedly I shouldn't have quit. You make it sound like by quitting and returning I gave FedEx the right to screw with my life.
You said the cost of living is much lower over there. How much for a Hummer? Asking for a friend...

vantexan

The only one claiming that it has any significant effect on their retirement income is you.

You knew exactly what you were getting into when you came back. And then when you came back again.
No sir, when I came back they were saying 7-8 years to top out. I foolishly believed them.