retirement

falcon back

They sold the entire traditional pension to MetLife. To be exact they bought a huge annuity to cover it with MetLife taking over the administration of the pension.
No they didn't. Just a portion. 41k retirees. Not the entire plan. Please get educated before posting. You should have plenty of time. Sleeping in your car should give you time to get informed.

vantexan

No they didn't. Just a portion. 41k retirees. Not the entire plan. Please get educated before posting. You should have plenty of time. Sleeping in your car should give you time to get informed.
Everyone covered by the traditional pension. Has nothing to do with the portable pension plan. The traditional was terminated in 2008 and FedEx sold that obligation to MetLife a year or two ago.

vantexan

When you start collecting your pension look at your monthly direct deposit and see who's name is on it. It's MetLife. When they made the changeover I received letters from both FedEx and MetLife explaining what was happening. FedEx sold the traditional plan and now has no ties to it. Has nothing to do with the portable plan or 401k or healthcare.

falcon back

When you start collecting your pension look at your monthly direct deposit and see who's name is on it. It's MetLife. When they made the changeover I received letters from both FedEx and MetLife explaining what was happening. FedEx sold the traditional plan and now has no ties to it. Has nothing to do with the portable plan or 401k or healthcare.
Prove it. The article on the fdx website said they sold a portion. 41k retirees. Prove they sold EVERYONE'S pension. They sold SOME of previous retirees and not future retirees. Prove me wrong

vantexan

Prove it. The article on the fdx website said they sold a portion. 41k retirees. Prove they sold EVERYONE'S pension.
The entire traditional pension, lock, stock, and barrel. Call Retirement Administration and see if the portion they still cover is the portable pension.

falcon back

How does MetLife send you a pension check? If you are living in your car, how does the mailman find you?

vantexan

Like I said. Prove it. 41k does not include the ENTIRE group of retirees.
I hate to tell you this but quite a few have passed away. Plus they were putting newhires on the portable in 2003 or so. Plus there are couriers who haven't started taking their traditional pension yet. The 41k you refer to are the ones who were already drawing a pension most likely. Plenty of couriers with 5 to 20 years in 2008 who haven't started taking it yet. And many are working now who are completely under the portable pension.

floridays

You got me good. At least good for a homeless vagrant
How in the hell are you going to live on anything you have saved invested or socked away for retirement if you have already squandered your wife's huge lottery winning's,
you know, the thing that allowed you to retire early, but yet, you're back, working for Fedex?

Almost sounds like @vantexan 's story of leaving the company.

Difference's between the stories, you claimed before you left with her winnings that your retirement was already secure.

He never made a claim like that, nothing close. Tex came back relying on enticements, which were proven to be false. Some people would call those "enticements" a misrepresentation of the truth, some would call them lies.

My conclusion, Tex's story is plausible.

My conclusion with your story:

It has been misrepresented at some point, or you just have no willpower to say no to you urges when cash is readily available. If no willpower is the reason, You Sir will be the true vagrant.

My question,

Why are you back working at Fedex if your wife's lottery winning allowed you to walk away?

I see only two choices, which is it?

floridays

I have that. It's called the Traditional. If you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that.
And there you are, primed for your vagrant lifestyle. You're wife's lottery winnings have already been gone through like :censored2: through a goose.

Are you still married?

floridays

Once again. You have no idea what you are talking about. They sold a very small portion a year or so ago. Why do you show your ignorance by commenting on Express matters. You are a total :censored2:.

Why did you try to get a job there if the place is so bad? Thank goodness they didn't hire you.
Why did you come back after your wife's huge lottery win?
Please at least tell us your "bucket list" is complete.

floridays

Another clueless person. A small portion. How is sleeping in that car going tonight? Don't you feel like a total loser. Grown man that is homeless and no future.
Projecting, maybe vocalizing your fears?

Exactly how did you blow your wife's lottery winnings?

I'll get the popcorn for everyone, this will be interesting.