Seasonal driver

tayvo

I’m a seasonal driver and I was wondering will they rehire you after Christmas and how long will will it take to become a full time driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1B2C2ED7-6DAA-4D87-9BDE-CCACC45BE77E.gif

Where I'm at... there isn't even a list for potential new drivers because no one wants to go so a lot of the people now getting fired off the street... but just four and a half hours south of us that Center has a 6 year waiting list to become a driver go figure

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We had two seasonal drivers become part timers after last peak. They are still part timers and may become drivers within a couple more years, or five more years, just depends. If you want to go straight to driving you would have to keep checking upsjobs.com for them to post for an outside hire driver (1 in 7 new drivers is hired from outside the union). Most of those go to pt supervisors who realized they got suckered into a dead-end job. Your best bet is to apply for any and every part time inside position. Once you get one of those, it's a waiting game.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it really depends on the staffing in your building

if they need tons of people for 2018 and you didn't suck, yeah you should be FT relatively quickly

if any of those things aren't true, you could be in for quite a wait

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
it really depends on the staffing in your building

if they need tons of people for 2018 and you didn't suck, yeah you should be FT relatively quickly

if any of those things aren't true, you could be in for quite a wait
You are so full of s*! Even if the building “needs staffing “ they will cut routes anyways and layoff drivers they already got. You know this. Even if he is hired would probably only work like one or 2 days a week. Be honest about it.